+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Massive hugs to you all.... I could not imagine going through what most of you do!!

I feel very blessed and lucky..

I am in the Sydney area if I can sincerely help out anyone??

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel pretty lucky really. Im married to the most devoted, loyal man I have ever known who always puts his family first and treats me very well. We manage well financially and have a strong relationship. My kids are all healthy and 'normal' and we are all looking forward to a bright future.

I think some of the crappy things could be that I am suffering depression and am doing this without medication (my own choice), I don't get much of a break and am doing a job that I dont particularly want to do (SAHM). I dont have much of a village and DH works long hours a lot of the time and sometimes I feel like I am doing it all on my own. My family is great but majority of DHs are sh!t (a few exceptions)...

All in all though, the good outweighs the bad and I like the way things are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    When someone asks me what I do and I say "I'm a SAHM" I often tack on "but i used to be ..." I hate that I feel I need to do that.
    Yeah I'm the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to offer hugs to everyone
    I am very grateful for the life I have. Of course I have had hard times but I'm now at a stage where the good outweighs the bad and I am very lucky for that! I admire all those doing it tough and still getting through each day.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm definitely feeling luckier than I was when I was still living in Australia isolated from family in NZ with my abusive ex.

I'm now home in NZ looking to buy my own house, and a lot closer to all of my family and my ex's family which I am mostly close to.

However I'm having to come to terms with the fact that I have chronic depression, it's not lifting as I thought it should. I get panicy about silly things. I worry financially, the NZ PPS is not nearly as generous as it is in Australia. I am alos worried as the ex has decided he is moving to NZ in a year, and I'm scared about how that will be. The boys and I are totally settled, so I don't want his stress back in my like.

Anyway, I know I am very lucky for most things in life, but there are a few issues which scare me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading all these makes me realise I have nothing to complain about but still sometimes, a person feels as if it's all too much!
    My complaint is that although I am supposed to have the perfect balance since I work part time, I still can't seem to juggle it all. I feel like I am not devoted enough to my job but then don't spend enough time with kids but then don't keep my house in the state in which I think is acceptable. To make it worse, I have the 'better' job and DH is self employed so there will be times that he is at home and I come to work extra days but I don't want to to do that because he never does anything properly at home!!!! I'm nervous about DS starting school because I want to be able to pick him up every day but I won't be able to 3 days per week when I'm at work but I'll also be late for work on those days when I drop him off so I feel guilty about that.

See, not really huge problems but just annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the whole I am rather content with my life

...but sometimes its sooo hard being 5 hrs away from family, in laws and friends.
    Even being 45 min away from a shop can feel isolating. On top of that is the 12 hrs a day DP is working.

This frugal country housewife gig is one I never thought I would choose for myself. But it is worth it to be part of my amazing family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mks View Post
    Reading all these makes me realise I have nothing to complain about but still sometimes, a person feels as if it's all too much!
    My complaint is that although I am supposed to have the perfect balance since I work part time, I still can't seem to juggle it all. I feel like I am not devoted enough to my job but then don't spend enough time with kids but then don't keep my house in the state in which I think is acceptable. To make it worse, I have the 'better' job and DH is self employed so there will be times that he is at home and I come to work extra days but I don't want to to do that because he never does anything properly at home!!!! I'm nervous about DS starting school because I want to be able to pick him up every day but I won't be able to 3 days per week when I'm at work but I'll also be late for work on those days when I drop him off so I feel guilty about that.

See, not really huge problems but just annoying!
    It is tough to juggle. Am I a good enough employee? Am I a goo enough parent? Can I be a good enough parent while I stribe to be a good enough worker? Is "good enough" really enough? Oh I so get you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    wow that is tough, did he receive any victims compensation to help out?
    thanks luvmyboys

victims assist have been really good, they're probably the only government funded entity, or whatever you want to call it, that have been willing to help. they paid out his lost income for the 6 months and, until he was deported, were paying for psychiatrist appointments.

i/we have chosen not to sue the guy that attacked him, only because cases like that (i work in a law firm) can go on for years, and if the person who's being sued doesnt have any money or property of any value then it goes to the government to decide whether they want to pay compensation or not. this may have changed since i last dealt with things like this (2 years ago). but i'd really rather try and move forward and not hold on to what happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are...

* No family close by = no babysitting, no advice and things like that
    * Dh works away for a week at a time, so I'm do it single with 6 kids during that time which is challenging.
    * Because dh is back and forth, it has caused some issue with dd 4 who I am still trying to toilet train (nights).

Having said all that, things have improved for me as my eldest daugther is almost 15 and able to babysit for short amounts of time...this means I get some 'me' time sometimes which has been a long time coming!!! Makes things easier for when dh is away.

I've also made a bunch of friends over the last 6 mths that have been a godsend! Before I found them I was so lonely....all the time! I hated my life and felt very isolated but now because of these beautiful ladies, I now have a friend network....something that I've needed for a very long time.

So things are looking up!!! When dh gets his transfer it will be perfect - can't wait for that day!