+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Its harder for me because....

It seems everyone is often in competition on who is the best mum, who has it hardest, who works more...
    Truth is EVERYONE has things in their life that make theirs feel hard.
    Its not about poor me ..its more about people realising that EVERY parent has some sacrifice in order to be a parent.
    so what makes your life hard? your biggest obstacle?

Mine is..
    I have no family here.
    I am an orphan and DH's family is OS. It means it can be quite lonely and no one close to get advice off.
    Also DH works a lot! he is out at 6am and rarely home before 8. He also spends most weekends studying.

I feel alone a lot.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

DQ  (18-01-2012),Guest654  (18-01-2012),Littlemissmetal  (18-01-2012),something  (18-01-2012),SugarSkull  (18-01-2012),twotrunks  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very true words.

Mine is.. My whole life has been about career and academic/ business success, but I am now a SAHM. I love spending time with DD, and we have made the choice to not put her in daycare, but because I am not at work I struggle with feelings of self-worth/ defensiveness on a regular basis.

Might not sound like much of an obstacle at all to some, but it is for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Although I have wonderful supportive parents they live a looong way away. I'm the only one of my group that has no immediate family close by. I have to rely on childcare and DH. I can't imagine what it would be like ringing mum and saying can you pop over, Im desperate to get my hair done!
    I hate hate being in a blended/step family. Having 2 ex's to deal with and being a step parent is awful.
    DH works heaps, I do the the night time routine by myself every night. It's like torture some days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The hardest thing I've found is having no family where we live, plus having to put my son in daycare (even though I think it can be detrimental for young kids) for financial reasons.

But I'm very fortunate to have a very hands on partner, who only works normal hours 4 days a week. I have ms atm and he is doing everything when at home.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very interesting thread. The hardest thing for me is DH being away for 8 and a bit weeks out of every 12 (so away from home 3/4 of the year) it is however better now that we live in Brisbane as I have family support whereas in Darwin I was on my own. On the plus side he is getting out of the Navy this year and looking at working FIFO 4 on 4 off- hope we can put up with each other when we are spending so much time together
    Last edited by Seacretsquirrel; 18-01-2012 at 17:41.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Seacretsquirrel For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-01-2012)

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My biggest obstacle is my ulcerative colitis. The unknown of when the symptoms will hit, the fear of straying too far from a toilet, the inability to move from the couch somedays, and the fear that my children may one day suffer the same fate. I also have little support as my ILs and parents all still work full-time or have other commitments, and my husband works and can't take leave everytime I get sick, in case one day I get REALLY sick and he needs the leave
    But on the upside, I appreciate the well times so much more and try to take advantage if these times

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My biggest obstacles is being a fulltime mum. I just wasn't made for it, I love the time I have with my children and I do my best, but I lack the patience and go stir-crazy. Being a step-mum, it is by far the hardest thing I have ever ever had to do though. Both my "obstacles" are rewarding, but can get very hard at times.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Mumma2threecherubs  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel lucky that my life is pretty easy. My problems are comparitively small. If I don't like something, I am fortunate to have the ability, resources and freedom to change it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to something For This Useful Post:

Mum2DandR  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine is similar to several PP's. I don't have any family close by. My mum and sister are a 16 hour drive away and MIL is a 6 hour drive so it is hard for DF and I to ever do anything alone to keep the spark there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What makes my life so hard? I have no family help, and DF works shift work, so on a daily basis I'm going almost insane with DD1 teasing and upsetting DD2, so they both end up crying hysterically and sometimes I join them.
    Apart from that though I have so much that I should appreciate in my life, apart from that one downfall. But, I'm sure you can all understand how such a thing can really make everything else look crap and put a downer on it all.