+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help with TT issues.

Okay so my little Boy is 2 years and 2 months. We have been toilet training for about 2 - 3 weeks now. So during the day I just leave his nappy off and he 90% of the time says wee wee and runs to the toilet or likes doing it outside when he's out there. When he wee's/poos on the toilet he gets a lollie. He has a day sleep and I leave the nappy off and he goes quite well and has only wet the bed once.

However my dilema is night time. If we put the nappy on he takes about 1/2 hour or more and poo's in it. He seems to hold his poo till we put a nappy on. If I go out during the day he poo's in the nappy.

So I've left the nappy off when I've put him to bed and he usually goes to bed at 7 however its taking us 1 -2 hours to get him to fall asleep because he is getting in and out of bed saying wee-wee & poo poo...we take him to the toilet (also have a potty as an option) and 50% of the time he is weeing (by the end he is really pushing to get a drip of wee). And then we get strict with him and tell him no more and then he poo's on the ground in his room (at the door).

Please help any suggestions would be greatful.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At that age also the poos/wees at bedtime can be a delay tactic/game. My DS at 2.5 would manage to squeeze out a tiny poo up to 10 times an evening after he'd been put to bed. Could never manage to do a poo on the pot at any other time of day mind you! BUT the fact your DS is doing it on the floor suggests to me he genuinely does need to go but is just scared to do so out of a nappy. So I would suggest relax a little bit for now and continue to reward for any he does on the pot/toilet but just change a dirty nappy with little comment or fuss and work on building his confidence with doing poos on the pot at other times of day. He's still young and by rushing him you might slow down his progress - I'd just hate you to end up like my friends who's daughter had such issues with #2's she ended up severely constipated from holding on. At nearly 4 she has only just started happily doing poos on the toilet and it's been two years of her holding on for up to a week until she's desperate and hiding and crying for a nappy to do it in because she's was so terrified of a bowel movement. Became a vicious cycle and not pretty when it arrives - I was babysitting once when it did!

Also my DD is similar age to your DS and after some good progress has been having a similar issue about saving poos for nappies which also started after one incident of constipation. I'm going along with it for now because I don't want to make it a big issue like my friend has had to deal with. If she asks for a nappy I give it to her because I don't want her holding on and getting constipated again. But once she's been regular for a few days and not getting upset by a bowel movement I plan to be a bit more proactive in getting her to try the toilet first.

Hope this helps somewhat. Hard when they are all so different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cathy, Yeah he hasn't gotten constipated yet (sometimes he sneaks outside to do it during the day) so maybe he has a fear about the toilet and pooing. (too much thinking involved..hehe). We are trying to be positive about it if he does it on the floor and show him 'that the poo lives in the toilet'. "ahh...the things we do". Don't know if it achieved much but maybe I should just leave the nappy on him let him poo - change him etc. But even when we do that he then says he needs to wee lots of times..confusing on what to do. I do think he's playing us a bit.