+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lightbulb Sperm donor needed

Not really sure where else to start looking for another donor but we figured here is a good start lol.
    Were a 22 and 23yr old lesbian couple who have been together for almost 3 years. We did have a donor (so we thought) and it had been pre-arranged for 5 months with him and when it came for the actual first initial donation he must have got cold feet because he has kinda dropped off the face of the earth lol. He was a close friend of ours, so we have no hard feelings towards him we get its a huuuge ask.. but it is definitely upsetting and disappointing to us both.
    Its something we have talked about since early in our relationship, were both more than ready to become mothers and we have an amazing loving relationship and home.
    I'm not sure what else to write in here, I could write endlessly about our longing for a child.. we really hope we get a genuine response to this and look forward to hopefully getting an IM or email ;D
    We live in Adelaide and if your looking for an egg donor we can help you out, tradesies? haha
    but in all seriousness, I've considered egg donating several times and we would be more than willing to help you and your partner conceive if you so kindly do the same for us.
    Thanks for taking the time to read our post =)
    Last edited by nada89; 17-01-2012 at 20:46. Reason: smiley

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help with sperm but I really hope you both find someone to help. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps =)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm in a similar boat. Hope you find someone

Were you planning to do home insem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah we were, can safely say I'd much rather be doing it in the comfort of our own home with love then with some doctors at an IVF clinic lol. Thanks hey, good luck to you and your partner, where are you guys from? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We're in Sydney, what about you? My friend backed out when I told him we wanted to start trying in September, so now we're looking at IUI with donor sperm at a fertility clinic. It's not as invasive or expensive as IVF and is even cheaper if you have your own donor sperm, otherwise you buy it from the bank!

Are you or your partner planning on carrying #1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were in Adelaide, haven't heard of IUI something were gonna look into now lol. Have you's tried before? read heaps of posts about it working for people first go, bloody lucky!! I'll be carrying the baby, my partner really wants kids but never wants to physically carry them herself.. she's the butch one =P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know a few people who've had success first or second attempt with IUI - we're in that same boat!

We haven't tried before. We've been discussing dates for ages but DP was studying at police academy for a while and now has to finish a year probationary so we want to make sure by the time we have a bub she's finished everything. September was chosen so we have a bit of extra time to make some money to cover IUI costs and other stuff.

I'm carrying no. 1 but we want to alternate so hopefully if it all goes to plan, she'll carry #2 and so on. I am a nanny so can go back to work with a baby, whereas she can't get time off until 3 years into the job so it makes sense if I go first!

Good luck with your research!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am happy to help

I am a sperm donor based in Adelaide. I have helped a couple of lesbians previously. My email is jollyyellowgiant@yahoo.com.au. Drop me a line if you are interested.

Regards

Jason