+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetrician Under $2000 Melb South East?

Hi,
    I naively thought that after paying for private health insurance to cover pregnancy for a year...that it would actually cover most pregnancy costs! Ahh *silly me!*
    I just about fell off my chair when researching into the out of pocket costs of having a baby in the private system.
    Gulp.
    Anyway down this road we go )
    We live close to Chadstone Shopping centre in Malvern. I’d LOVE some helpful hints on hospitals that others are impressed with/have used....(Hate to sound “povo” but) Most pressing at the min. seems to be finding a reasonably priced obstetrician (around $2000 out of pocket or less would take some stress out of the equation).
    I understand the restrictions of this site mean I don't think we can post about specific doctor’s: so PLEASE PM me if you can help this first time (v. Nervous) Mum to be :O).
    Thank-u thank-u 100 times over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would recommend my obs (David O'Callaghan) at St Vincents private S he was wonderful, but his out of pockets are $3000. I don't know of any under $2k, sorry.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recommend the Birth Centre at Monash, they are free AND you are much more likely to have a natural birth (if thats what you are after).

I don't know much about Obs but an independent midwife recommended Dennis Price to me, she mentioned he delivers at Cabrini, but he probably delivers elsewhere as well (maybe Jessie Mac/Waverly Private??), anyway I don't know his fees but she said hes more affordable than a lot of other private obs.

But Birth Centre is the way to go really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I highly recommend Dr Peter Yong (if you google his name his details will come up in true local) he is however in Noble park but delivers at several hospitals, he charges around $2k
    He was happy for me to put off being induced due to GD and other complications, he is known for trying his hardest to guide you through birth without major tearing and a csection will not be unless there is a threat to you or your bubs. He is a very gentle and caring man who supported me 100%, I ended up with an induced vag delivery with no invasive interventions. PM me if you would like anymore info. Good luck and congrats