+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just have to add, I have a blog and I have googled my own photos (not looking for them) before... my blog even has photos of me in underwear ("before" shots for weight loss and such)... so I'm obviously not that concerned with things like that being discovered. These pics aren't attached to my real name though, so googling my full name won't make them appear. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have photo's set to friends only - I trust the people I've befriended but I am thinking I might even lock them down to family only.

I think stealing someone elses photo's is a mongrel's act TBH. My niece had a photo stolen from FB and photoshopped - the child was expelled from the school and the matter referred to the police.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a picture of only me. I try to never have a photo of my girls as my profile picture.
    My settings are very tight. Friends only, and even then some friends are heavily restricted as to what they can see.
    I think I am searchable, able to be added and messaged.

You can turn off Google indexing, so your profile and photos won't be added to Google search results.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My profile is set to friends only and I'm not 'googeable'.

I can be searched for within the site, but I only changed that recently because a friend was trying to add me but couldn't find me.

My profile pic is a pic of me - It really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Friends only & locked up like fort knox.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    all but one photo album is friends only. i'm right now trying to figure out how to put that album on friends only. i'm searchable (wasn't for ages, changed it back cos a couple of friends had trouble trying to add me)
    my profile pic is me, but it's not obviously me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is also set to friends only. You can see my profile pic, request friendship and inbox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post

You can turn off Google indexing, so your profile and photos won't be added to Google search results.
    How do you do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Private, private, private

I'm not able to be found on google or a social network site

I like it that way. My ex can't find me or find out anything about my new (and so much better!) life :-)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only thing you can see is my profile pic and my name.

I keep everythiong else absolutely under lock and key. I go through friend requests seriously, if I don't know you, or you don't have a damn good reason for requesting me, I will not accept.

I even have a seperate email address for my FB, so nobody can link my email address to my name in a forum, and then to my FB profile.