+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Social network profile pics/profile privacy

If you are a member of a social network

-what privacy settings do you have
    -what profile pics do you have

I have my profile hidden, but searchable. You can msg me and request friendship but can't see anything else. For this reason I don't have a profile picture that is a picture of me or anyone else I know.

I used to have a pic of me in my profile but when i googled myself a pic of me came up and I didn't like that AT ALL!

so what about you?

(lets not name any social networking sites)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have it set to "friends only." I'm sure people can see my profile pic though. I don't really care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah friends only so private to others I have a photo but doesn't bother me too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My profile is set to friends only and my profile picture is not of me.
    Actually, I have no photos of my family on the social networking site. My extended family and friends have honoured my decision to have no photos of my family on the internet so yay for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everything is set to friends only, I am not searchable, my friend and family lists are hidden, and my profile pic is not of me. I have also deleted a heap of people off here because of harassment. Not from them, but from others on here who are friends with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My profile pic is friends only but then within my profile I have extra security, for example, I can't be searched, (either within the 'social network' or google), I can't be added, only msged by friends, my friends are also grouped and only the friends I still speak to IRL can see my default posts, albums, tagged pics and friends posts, everybody else (who I still 'know' just do not associate with anymore or family) can see all albums involving DD and posts I choose to allow them to see, my personal details are also hidden from majority and all things must be approved by me before being posted on my wall.

And WOW listing it like that I sound paranoid, I just choose to be more private with my life going ons and want to be able to bish, put up photos from out clubbing and have very strange conversations with my friends on my wall without every single person who I've met through life knowing every single detail of my life IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All my stuff is friends only, cept my profile pic. I am googleable and I don't care. I give anyone credit if they can actually spell both my names correctly to find me!! Baahaaahaaa. Honestly though, I don't think I'm that important for someone to want to search me out so they can what? Look at me? Not like they can find out where I live or anything, my name isn't in the phonebook....so they can look all they like - good luck to them! LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My profile is private 'friends only', but I do have a profile pic up.

I don't have a single person on my friends list who I don't know well irl, so I didn't really think too much about it.

I have had a bit of a creepy stalker situation happening recently though, which has made me think a bit more carefully about that stuff (whole other thread )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by FloatingFairy; 07-02-2012 at 09:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I have it set to "friends only." I'm sure people can see my profile pic though. I don't really care.
    This. most of my settings are set as friends only, mainly because I don't want creepos stalking me or looking at my kids photos, my profile picture is visible to all. Though my settings to log in are as high as possible, I have a text sent to my phone to verify logins from unkown devices and an email sent to me alerting me of attemps and their IP adresses. My last account was hacked, so i'm overly catious now