+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry, forgot to add...I'll answer your other questions when dh wakes up because some of them I'm a bit hazy on...(the rest is in white)

From memory - yes to chemicals, yes to glue, spray makeup - they even do shadowing under the nose and eyes and things to make them look like they're standing up, yes to the other things but I don't think they stay that way....I think initially they get 'plugged up' but not sure if they stay that way....have to ask dh about that. No blood being drained....it's coagulated so you can't really drain the blood...but you do drain fluids, so probably some blood products come out then? Anyway, as I said, have to wait till he wakes up - he worked nights last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    oh and i do know for a fact that it is very common as crown for ppl to p1ss and sh1t at the pokie machines or around the corner etc. They won't go the toilet.
    GROSS
    I've heard this too, apprentantly a lot have catheter type set ups do they don't have to leave their machines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    I've heard this too, apprentantly a lot have catheter type set ups do they don't have to leave their machines.
    What the frig?!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

austmum  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know they have to clean you up, drain your blood and use lots of chemicals and wierd things. I also heard they put plugs in your holes, you get a nappy and sometimes you get spray painted/glued etc.
    Ok Button he's awake! So here goes (in white again for those who are sensitive)....

Drain blood - no

Lots of chemicals - Done as a courtesy but if the family request that no mortuary care to be done then it doesn't have to be done...it's not the law. So yes and no.

Plug up holes - yes

Nappy - yes

Spray painted - no

Glued - Generally no, but in cases such as the bloke I wrote about before...then yes some glue will be used but they try not to.

As for your dh wanting to be cremated without anything done - Depends on how he dies, if it's suspicious circumstances then no, if doctor is unwilling to issue a cause of death cert then he has to have an autopsy. Everyone has to go through a funeral home and everyone is checked for a pacemaker if they are to be cremated at the very least.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    oh and i do know for a fact that it is very common as crown for ppl to p1ss and sh1t at the pokie machines or around the corner etc. They won't go the toilet.
    GROSS
    That is true. My friend cleaned up some poop in front of a poker machine on the weekend. So gross.

I know that you wouldn't have wanted to get Swine Flu and go to the RBWH when everyone was freaking out over it. The emergency triage solution was incredibly scary. I actually took photos of it because I was astounded that it was best solution they could think of for such a big hospital. I was so glad it didn't turn out to be a wide spread as initially expected.

I know that children molesting other children is very common, and most parents never find out it has happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbity Babbity View Post
    I know that you wouldn't have wanted to get Swine Flu and go to the RBWH when everyone was freaking out over it. The emergency triage solution was incredibly scary. I actually took photos of it because I was astounded that it was best solution they could think of for such a big hospital. I was so glad it didn't turn out to be a wide spread as initially expected.
    im intrigued??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    im intrigued??
    Me too!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Des, this is what I just read on the internet that was posted by someone who work at a funeral homehome in the USA

******warning may be very offensive - discussion of embalming processors******* again in white - so highlight if you want to see...

sometimes when a person dies, the funeral workers put the person in the correct position and wrap them in cloth - when rigamortious set in they are in the correct shape.

internal organs removed, blood drained and replaced with formeladye, rod attached internally to spine to stop body spasm when rig sets in, holes plugged up, eye and mouth sewn shut with clear wire to stop gasses excaping, usual painting/repairs as needed. clothes cut up the back and wrapt around person.

dunno how true that is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know that none of us are actually a free man of the land..although there are steps an individual can take to pursue it..

I know that we are manipulated from birth...

I know that the corruption is world wide. We are relatively sheltered in Australia, for how long-I'm not sure.

I know that I went to see David Ikce live in Adelaide and the atmosphere among like minded individuals was electric.

I know that there is a possibility that the moon landing never happened because of the theory that the moon isn't even real!

I know that there has to be life beyond us.

I know that we should be prepared in our homes and ourselves to protect/clothe/feed our families in a time of disaster (natural or man made) ... How many people store food/medical supplies/water/camping gear/clothes/shoes for your children's growing feet/essential items/toiletries/ feminin hygiene items/panadol/...

The list is endless

How many people know that they can survive and protect themselves and their families if the grid goes down...

There will be no 20kg bags of rice left on the shelve if sh*t hits the fan!

Again... The government snd the media educate us on what they choose.. NOT on what we should be doing for basic need and survival..

They want us all blissfully ignorant watching tv and DVDs eating junkfood drinking fluoridated water and killing our brains so we dint think for ourselves!!

Wake up!!! The lion sleeps no more.

It's time for change people!

I know that the world is an illusion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VintageLover For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (20-01-2012),Kadorite  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Button - As per an Australian funeral home, no idea about how the US do things....this is just how it was done at the funeral home worked at.

Dh says - (in white again)

Nobody uses formeldahyde anymore unless in 3rd world countries, there is something else they use it's a synthetic chemical, he just can't think of the name of it right now.

No wrapping in cloth, no removal of organs unless it's an autopsy it's actually illegal to remove organs unless its in an autopsy situation, it comes under the 'removal of flesh' act. No removal of blood either. Blood coagulates pretty quickly.

No positioning of bodies for rigamortis, rigamortis doesn't last anyway so bodies can be moved during or after rigamortis.

Yes to sewing mouth shut, no to eyes although you insert an eyecap to keep the eyes closed.

No rod

No painting...only makeup. Yes repairs but only if needed.

Clothes are only cut up the back if it is difficult to put them on without destroying the clothing. At dh's home, they tried not to destroy the clothing so they'd put them on properly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (20-01-2012)