+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    I know what you mean buttoneska. It was either all a big lie, or now a big cover up. Either way the majority of the public will never know.

I watched a documentery on the slums in India the other night. Basically big developers are going to (If not already) demolish the slums and build high rises.

They have proven the people in the slums are happier then the surrounding city and retain more of a community. They take much better care of their property but they're all so 'poor' they can't fight the development.

Over 4 generations of people (mainly potters) and all they want is better drainage & sewer system. Yet because the city sees them as an eye sore, they have to be relocated and they're livelihood will be non existent.
    was that the doco with Kevin somthing from grand design? I watched the first one but can't remember what day it was on? do you know?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    I know what happens to people when they die (at funeral homes etc) and I know what happens to prisoners when they go to jail - all from dh's work.
    what and what??

DH has requested that when he dies he gets cremated immediately, he doesn't want anyone doing anything to him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (18-01-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deserama (sp sorry) yes I want to know what and what also please.

Buttoneska sorry but I can not remember the name googled before posting in hope of adding a link but couldn't find anything.
    It (the doco) made me want to sell all my belongings and fight on their behalf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not 100% sold on the idea they landed on the moon - especially right in the Cold War / Russia domination / Disney studios ... Just putting it out there haha no really I believe it's possible, I just don't know if it happened when they say it did.

Yes, it concerns me greatly people self diagnose on the Internet - I don't think Dr Google has been to medical school :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well it's not quite as important as the rest of those- when a bug gets zapped by a bug zapper the guts go flying 4 metres in all directions. Keep them away from your food!

Hmmm I'll try think of some more important knowledge...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CottonCandy For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (18-01-2012),Kadorite  (10-06-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't watch the news so I can't comment on that.

Things like ACA are full of BS, it's aimed at the general public who barely know where their butts are located, let alone the finer points of life.

I know a hell ton of animal knowledge.
    I used to support BSL {breed specific legislation} but have since swung totally the opposite way since finding out how completely the public are lied to about dog attacks, in order to secure Government illusions of responsibility and security.
    In reality, banning particular breeds has been proven to actually increase the amount of bites and the severity of the bites. No country that has brought in banning of specific breeds has experienced a decrease in dog attack statistics; and in fact several countries are now announcing that BSL does not work, and they are finding a different means of stopping bites.

The simple fact is, it is far easier for the Government to tell you that certain breeds are dangerous and that you can trust them to kill all of them to protect you, than it is to admit they are wrong and take steps to educate pet owners.

The incredible thing about it is that they spend more money on the media of hunting down and euthanising innocent dogs, than they ever would spend preventing less savoury dog owners from owning dogs through education and restriction.

Generally, if I don't know much about something, I'll find out. Conspiracy websites are great for getting an idea, but I follow up that idea with research on both sides of the topic.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Areca  (24-01-2012),breakthemould  (20-01-2012),CazHazKidz  (27-03-2012),IndigoJ  (21-01-2012)

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know stuff that is confidential but is like - wow!

I know that most of the funding for CFA (Victorian Country Fire Association) comes from insurance companies and donations. The amount from the government. Can't say how much though sorry.

I also know in Vic teachers don't need a working with children check. We have police checks etc but don't need wwc checks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The arrivals is a documentary you can watch on YouTube, very interesting. One for the conspiracy theory lovers. Very biased, a lot of references to Islam seeing as it's made by Muslims very interesting though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    The arrivals is a documentary you can watch on YouTube, very interesting. One for the conspiracy theory lovers. Very biased, a lot of references to Islam seeing as it's made by Muslims very interesting though.
    I think i remember a thread from years ago where it was all conspiracy theories, you had some really interesting stuff to say in it!

I like to keep an open mind when it comes to what we are allowed to know in terms of government, world news, health, the universe and space travel. A lot of what we are shared in the news is sugar coated or totally fabricated. There are a lot of things government simply don't want the general public to know about. I'm not all Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory though.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I avoid watching the news. Because of the very one sided nature of the delivery for the most part. And it helps protect my fragile sanity!

What do I know? If smoking kills why is it legal? If alcohol is the cause of so much harm why isn't there greater control? If speeding causes so many accidents why isn't there better roads and better methods of controlling it?

Why?

Becasue what I know is that the government is a pack of corrupt, money hungry SOB's who's only concern is money, power and influence and be damned to the good and well being of the masses.

Sorry. The world sucks today.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (20-01-2012),Kadorite  (10-06-2012)