+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2011 Mountain Buggy Swift or Bugaboo Cameleon

Our first bub is on the way and like everyone, we have been looking at what to buy for our first pram. Over the course of researching instores, testing and reading comments from forums we have come down too two choices. Either the Mountain Buggy Swift or the Bugaboo Cameleon in the 2011 versions.

Use for the pram will be local street walking foot paths and grass when path not available, parks, shops, coffee outings, visiting

The plan is to purchase a bassinet, rain cover and other accessories that come standard with the Bugaboo for the MB Swift.

- MB Swift and Bug both fit into car boot.
    - Both roughly same width and weight and ease of lifting into car.
    - Plus's for Bugaboo over the MB Swift from what we can tell are that the bassinet is larger and alot easier to detach from frame, has reversable handle, seat when bub is big enough can be either forward or rear facing, has suspension, foam filled large wheels not air like previous versions and the current MB Swift.

With current sales at local stores there is a $550 difference beween the two!

Is the Bugaboo Cameleon really worth the extra?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the swift and love it. But I also live in a coastal town so needed the durability of the wheels that the MB seemed to have.
    One downside to the swift is not very big baby bag space, but I've learnt to just take a small bag with me and have back ups in the car too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a swift and love it. I have never tried the bugaboo but in regards to the bassinet my son only used it for 3 months because he didn't like it but he had plenty of room left in there. Whether we are at the shops or going for a walk in the park the swift is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bugaboo! I love my cameleon, DS used the bassinet until about 5 months ( he has always been in the 90% for height so he is tall!) I have so many mums ( and strangers ask all the time) that they wish their pram was reversible and front facing, it's very easy to get in and out of car, the foot muff in winter is a must, plus it has other cute accessories ! The only downside is the basket underneath is quite small so get a mummy hook ( for your baby bag and shopping ) and there is a great bugaboo bag that you can buy to attach to the front of the pram that holds drinks, snacks, etc which is also great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cameleon all the way. We have one and it is hands down a better pram than my friend's swift. Especially for wheeling around the streets and shopping centres.

Hers seems almost impossible to steer in comparison, has average turning circle and seems very bumpy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few other ideas. These may have been considered so I apologise.
    option c) BAbyjogger city mini GT. It is released in the US in MArch. There are warranty issues if you purchase there but I like ti better than the swift. Not as 'off road' but a bigger seat space.
    TBH with the two piece fold of the Bugaboo are you going to continue wanting to take it when your child is 18months old? You may decide to buy a stroller anyway.
    I would probably get hte MB Urban for walking and the bugaboo bee for the shops or a baby jogger. IT would not cost that much more in the scheme of things.

Jsut a few more ideas to confuse you totally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Swift. I have a MB urban jungle and I was trying to decide between that and the swift. I wish I picked the swift now. The urban is great it's just bulky.
    I also have a combi which is awesome but really only for shops, cafes etc.

Personally I wouldn't pay the extra $500 odd dollars on a bugaboo. But that's just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the reply's after much deliberation and more testing we ended getting the Bugaboo, the store we got it from priced matched an online quote which helped out.