+ Reply to Thread
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question PND & BF - resources please!

Hello breastfeeding "experts", I need you expertise!

I am doing a presentation about PND in my community, and as someone who has experienced both a traumatic bf experience (which certainly contributed to my PND) - and a lovely second experience, I would like to talk about breastfeeding in relation to PND.

Could someone in here point me towards some reputable resources that explore the benefits of bf for women with PND? Some scientific information would be fantastic!

I have a resource that PANDA and ABA have written in collaboration, but it is pretty basic info and doesn't really "speak" to women who are in the midst of PND and struggling with bf'ing. Saying that bf is a time to bond- when the baby is struggling at the breast constantly and the mother doesn't even want to hold the baby (let alone have it attached to her most of the time) - is not always a very helpful argument. I therefore feel that I need something a little more significant than that to encourage Breastfeeding.

Any feedback much appreciated.
    Last edited by MuminMind; 17-01-2012 at 16:58. Reason: There is no such thing as a breatfeeding expert!

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Heeeeelp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping for you MIM

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's something about oxytocin and happy hormones... So a chemical reason it helps, but my brain can't put it more eloquently than that currently, when do you need it by?

Another idea might be to PM Tam-I-am, I'm pretty sure I have read a link once upon a time from her...

I'll take a look through my Uni bookmarks and see what I can find.

And lastly... Bump! For the other clever ladies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ElizaDoLittle For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (17-01-2012)

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for that, ElizaDoLittle, I'll make sure to send Tam-I-Am a message! Unless she notices this thread first, of course!