+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    CDNinOZ - I have the plush foot muff for it but I feel being a spring/summer bub it may be too hot.

Kobi'smama - I've shopped at bubs before so I'm familiar with them. I'll check them out. Thank you).

Narribi - Is the headliner a BJ one or a aftermarket one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the maxi cosi capsule. If you're looking for the adaptors on eBay I can't see a problem with second hand ones I think if you get the unity you would have to make sure the adaptor bar is in very good condition and will attach to your capsule.

The capsules attach to the pram the differently, the maxi cosi just clicks in to the adapters whereas the unity needs the adapters and a bar bit.

I didn't get the bassinet because I have DS who is 2.5 and wanted the capsule for the easy convenience of taking bubs in and out of the car. It's also easier at the start to get used to going out with bub and toddler as it means you only need to get one child out of their seat and in to a pram, and then just click the other one on.

I put DD in the seat from newborn if we are going walking to the park, down the street etc. I had a little head insert and made her cozy and sort of put her higher up in the seat so her whole body was flat - her legs weren't up over the foot holder thing - if that makes any sense?

Eta - I got my pram from amazon, capsule from baby zone direct, and adapters from local baby shop in Perth as I ordered the wrong ones from amazon and found out too late to reorder!
    Last edited by kel87; 17-01-2012 at 16:09.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kel87 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - Thanks for that info. Are the adaptors, the adaptors for the second seat? I thought the adaptor was the "bar".

I'm learning so much today .

Thanks
    Reviews
    zultbear - its after market, I got them made to order by an ebay lady.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to narribri For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Great Thanks Narribri

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zult, to save money you can hire the capsule for 2-3 months until bub is big enough for the proper seat. QAS hires out the Unity I think, but there's another private company that has the Peg perago and Maxi cosi that will fit on BJ prams.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my maxi Cosi and adaptors from pram warehouse. The adaptors for the second seat are different to the adaptors for the capsule. Depending on the capsule will depend on the adaptor. The maxi Cosi uses adaptors that it clicks straight into, some other ones sort of click in, but use a bar to stabilise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBeee For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the bassinet attachment for DD when we just had one bub however, with no.2 on the way, I'm buying the maxi cosi mico capsule and pram attachment so I'm only getting DD1 into a seat and bub 2 just clicks in the capsule. I bought my maxi cosi from mothercare who price matched for $299 and up til 25 jan give you a mothercare voucher for the price difference (which was $100!). It's their 'car seat challenge' deal for Jan. with the mothercare points I'll accrue from from buying the capsule (and DDs booster) it'll offset the car seat pram adaptor, bringing it down from $89 to $59. Cheaper than those selling on eBay I'm finding!

AND I'll resell my capsule too as on eBay they're fetching $200 second hand so that's a pretty good return I say!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellie For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    (oh and it'll cost me more than $100 to hire the capsule for 2-3 months which is why I'm buying rather than just hiring...)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellie For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my pram yesterday from Winkalotts in NZ. For $A675 I got the 2011 Pram, the bassinett and the parent console (or whatever it's called - it has a compartment for a drink, keys, wallet, etc. Friends had STRONGLY recommended getting this).

When (if?) Baby Number 2 comes along, I'll get the second seat as apparently you need to have 2 seats, as the bassinett is converting one of the seats. The other thing recommended from parents is the tray for the child, so they have have a snack, drink, toy, etc. This is apparently especially useful for longer day trips out when they need a drink, food, toys, etc.

I found this to be MUCH cheaper than purchasing here in Australia, but I'm not going to use the car seats as I prefer the Meridian AHR Tilt & Adjust as it is not only useful for children up to four years of age, it also has a four-star safety rating from CREP for all stages of development. But with a second baby (who would then require a second car seat/capsule), I can see the appeal of one that clips onto the pram.