+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Baby Jogger City Select

Hi Ladies

I have a Baby Jogger City Select. I love it. We bought it when DD2 was 4 months old and in anticipation of our next baby we purchased the second seat at the same time. I know that the seat isn't recomended for babies under 6 months old.

Now that we will welcome another little bundle to our growing family I need to hear from other BJCS owners for their recomendations on the following.

#1 Bassinette - Did you purchase a Bassinette and did you use it and for how long? Is it worth the $$?

#2 Travel System - Did you buy a travel system? Either the Safe N Sound Unity or the Peg Perego Vaggio? Any thoughts on either of those capsules. I hope I listed those right lol.

#3 Seat - Or lastly did you just use the seat? Cause lets face it I'm hardly going to be trapsing aoround the shops with a newborn and a 16 month old by myself. So potentially I could use our Magical Compact to carry bubs around and DD2 in the pram.

We already have a second convertable car seat in DH's car but I really don't like it as it has too much room for a newborns head to move around. Which is why I'm looking at the travel system.

DH is refusing to buy me another car seat or a capsule to fit the BJCS but I'm going to wait until tax time and buy it myself and he can lump it lol. Besides I want to buy it as close to bubs arrival as possible so I don't lose the warranty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

Well, I can't really help on the 2nd seat business as this is only my first baby but I have bought the BJCS and the Maxi Cosi capsule which is compatible with it. It fits perfectly with the adapter and looks great too!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks FutureMa - I'll research that capsule. They didn't list that one as compatable with the BJCS on the Pram Warehouse Site.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, for some reason they don't and I'm not sure why but I believe most of the ladies on here with a BJCS travel system are using the Maxi Cosi capsule.

Just remember that you need to buy the adapter too no matter which capsule you go with.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I've done the same as futurema.
    Our DS will be 3 when bubs born so once baby is out of capsule DS should be ok to walk a lot more.
    I can't wait to get it all out of layby!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kobi'smama For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have mine yet, but I have read & seen that a lot of people just use the second seat from newborn.
    I've looked at this pram in the shops a million times, and I'll finally be getting ours next month, and I've looked the seat over thoroughly. It really feels no different to the seat in DS's Steelcraft pram, which he pretty much lived in for the first few months of his life, because he wouldn't sleep anywhere else.
    So, I'll just be using the second seat when this baby comes.
    I doubt it will be sleeping in the pram while we're at home, and I see no harm in it being in there for an hour or two at the shops, as it feels/looks exactly like any other pram seat, and fully reclines.
    I think they just want to make more money by saying the seat is 6 months plus, to be honest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies.

FutureMa - I'm watching a couple of adaptors on Ebay ATM. Just tossing up wether to go new or not.

Do you ladies know what the safety rating is on the capsule? I think the Safe N Sound one isn't all that great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicoletta - I feel that way as well. And I know of a few BH'ers who have used the seat from newborn. But it does say "Not for use for babies under 6 months". Makes me wonder why.

I agree that bubs won't be living in the pram. Just for trips to the shops etc... So what harm can it do?

But the other side of me thinks they say that warning fo a reason. They don't say why but has me a little cautious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, we have the maxi cosi mico too, it's really light, I love it! (haven't got a baby in it yet though!). It hasn't been in Australia that long, so there haven't been any tests done on it here, but Maxi Cosi as a brand perform really well in Europe.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBeee For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zultbear View Post
    Nicoletta - I feel that way as well. And I know of a few BH'ers who have used the seat from newborn. But it does say "Not for use for babies under 6 months". Makes me wonder why.

I agree that bubs won't be living in the pram. Just for trips to the shops etc... So what harm can it do?

But the other side of me thinks they say that warning fo a reason. They don't say why but has me a little cautious.
    Yeah I was a bit worried too...but like I said, I've looked at it lots of times, and it looks and feels exactly the same as all the other pram seats to me
    But you should only do what you're comfortable with, so if you're not sure then go for the capsule or bassinet

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)