+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh how horrible some people can be! Thanks for sharing ladies

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, we have had plenty of comments.

It was no secret we were hoping for a girl, in fact family was buying pink.. and we didn't know the sex, which is why we found out. Turns out we're having another boy. We have decided not to tell anyone aside from immediate family.. My parents, MIL&FIL, my sisters.
    We mainly chose not to tell anyone else because of the comments we were recieving and because we are still grieving for the girl we arent having ourselves, being told that we should be disappointed is the last thing we need, or even that we should be happy he is healthy and not complaining.
    We are very happy to be having a healthy baby and happy DS will have a goregous little brother and very excited to meet him!
    But yes, others people comments have put us off divulging more about our pregnancy.. and I do dread what people will say after he is born.
    Even furthr in the future, the thought of having a 3rd boy.. and the comments that would bring is putting me off having another baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't find out what bump is until Sunday, but I just know everyone is going to be so disappointed if its's not a girl -_-

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 14 weeks preg tomorrow an still have only told immediate family and 1 friend that I'm preg because of the way ppl went on bout what sex the baby was with my first so I know how bad it's going to be with my second if it's not the opposite to my first. ****es me off alot because my pregnancies are high risk and the baby could be born really sick but it just seems like everyone only cares bout the sex. Strange because so many ppl can't even have babies!!
    I won't be telling anyone except our parents what sex this baby is this time I'm going to tell everyone bubs had it's legs shut
    I would leave it a surprise for us but I love baby clothes shopping and can't wait to start haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, you can't win either way so if at all possible try to just laugh off anyone else's silly comments. Hard if it's close family and friends rather than strangers but in my case I found most people were just trying to make baby small talk (however tactlessly) rather than reflect any true feelings they have on the matter.

I actually did get a pigeon pair with my first two and while I wasn't disappointed to get a girl I would also have been thrilled if she had been another DS. I thought it would be really nice for my boy to have a brother to grow up with in the same way that I had a sister close in age. He may yet get a brother but we won't find out until number 3 arrives in June. Yes, number three although apparently having a pigeon pair means "Oh how lovely, one of each, no need to have any more then"!! As if having one child of each sex was the only reason to become a mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    people are still telling us to try for a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get comments all the time about the fact that I've got a 'pigeon pair' and isn't that wonderful? Well, yes, I suppose I did want a girl & a boy, but am I sure that having one of each is 'perfection', no, I'm not. But, it does seem to lots of people that having one boy & one girl is 'perfect' and is enough to make any parent happy. I also think that people then seem to assume that we're done now, as why would we need more kids when we already have one of each? We are done, but not cause we have one of each!

When someone says something (and it is OFTEN!) I nod & smile and mutter a noise of some sort, but usually don't comment. If it's someone you genuinely asks if it's great (eg. a close friend/family member) I give a proper answer about the pro's & con's of one of each gender (not being able to reuse clothes from baby #1 is really annoying for example, not to mention expensive!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribe

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're having our third girl but haven't told family and friends because of our concerns about their reactions. Before we found out the gender FIL asked what I thought it was, I told him I was fairly sure it was another girl. His reaction was to turn to DH and say,"you've disappointed me again son". It was said in jest, but he clearly favors his grandson over our daughters, so I don't know how he's going to react.

I was disappointed at first, as this is out last bub, but I'm over that now and very much looking forward to completing our family with out beautiful little miss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We had our 2 boys before we were told this baby was a girl and yeah, we got some negative reactions when we told people DS2 was a boy...it didn't matter to us though because its exactly what we wanted- 2 boys and a girl

I felt a HUGE amount of pressure to produce a girl this time though, especially from my family. I know they meant well but walking into my gender scan I was more concerned about how I would break it to my mum if #3 were a boy lol.

From my experience they all get over it pretty quick