+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby #2 Gender disappointment - OTHERS opinions.

To those who had a 2nd boy OR 2nd girl ETC...Did you find that others show disappoinment that you are not having your 'pigeon' pair? Or are you expecting to get that reaction?

I don't want people to feel that way for me having another boy and not another girl! Just to be happy another beautiful child has blessed our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Unfortunately i did get some negative reactions. I have 2 girls and when pregnant with my second i had a lot of comments like 'will you be disappointed if it's another girl', 'bet you're hoping for boy' etc (didn't find out the sex). Now that she is born we get comments like 'Will you try for a boy' etc and lots of sad looks like we are so unlucky to not a pigeon pair - it's very strange and annoying.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (17-01-2012),2BlueBirds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess it is not like the old days when women would have 5+ kids, so you were bound to get one of the op gender!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm I've never heard of this type of reaction, wanting a 'pigeon pair'

We're hoping to TTC this year, and I'm hoping and praying for a boy. Not because I want the matching set, but because I generally get along better with males, and I remember how much joy my single brother brought into my life when I was a kid.

I have a "friend" {real relation withheld} who had a girl, and got pregnant again accidently three years later. She was so dead-set against having a boy that she was trying to get an early ultrasound, so she could terminate early if it wasn't "the right sex".
    THANKFULLY she got a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Unfortunately i did get some negative reactions. I have 2 girls and when pregnant with my second i had a lot of comments like 'will you be disappointed if it's another girl', 'bet you're hoping for boy' etc (didn't find out the sex). Now that she is born we get comments like 'Will you try for a boy' etc and lots of sad looks like we are so unlucky to not a pigeon pair - it's very strange and annoying.
    I got exactly the same comments with ds2 & 3 (twins) & ds4.. Things like oh, it would be so nice to have one of each wouldn't it & so I bet ur hoping for a girl after all those boys, will u be disappointed if it's another boy? It really sh1tted me to tears.. And now I am expecting #5 & the worst offenders for this are our family!! Just over it.. Yes, a daughter would be wonderful, but if not then so be it. So long as our baby is healthy we really don't care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    We received exactly the same comments. We had a friend of DH's say "I'll bet you were disappointed that she's a girl" to us while I was still in hospital after DD2 was born!

My DH was quick to reply that he didn't care if we only had girls, we'd love any child that we were blessed with :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did, yes. It wasn't so much negative towards this baby, as we were very clear that we were overjoyed for DD to have a sister. It was all the offhand comments. "So, you'll be going back for a third then" "Next one will definitely be a boy" and so on.

I'm over the moon, I love both my girls to bits and I really hope they'll have a special bond growing up (and not fight like cats, cos that would drive me nuts!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't remember getting direct comments about it, but passing comments yes. I had a feeling from very early on that my 2nd was another girl though, so it didn't suprise me when we were told. I'm really glad we had 2 girls close in age, same sex siblings have more in common, their toy interests are the same.
    I was almost certain this baby was a girl aswell, my husband and I were shocked to find out he was infact a boy! Now my thoughts are will he cope not having a brother? Will he be lonely without having a same sex sibling to play with. I had a sister and a brother myself and I always played more with my sister and I know my brother did play alone alot so these thoughts haven't even crossed my mind up untill now. But then I also think he might have better respect for women because he will grow up with 2 sisters etc..

I think society tends to put in our minds that a 'pigeon pair' is exactly that.. perfect. When it's not always that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 7 weeks until our second bub is due and every man and his dog says I bet you want a boy, will you have another if it's another girl, we would love it if you have a pigeon pair. So sick of hearing it, we are not at all bothered if we had another girl hence not finding out, we are 100% grateful for whatever beautiful baby we are blessed with. Some people just don't understand how upsetting that can be, I have this overwhelming feeling that all our friends and family will be disappointed if we have a girl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mezzee For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did, all the time.

We found out that dd2 was a girl at 16 weeks and
    Chose not to tell anyone because a) we were dealing with emotions from having a second girl and b) we knew ppl would say oh are you disappointed. We thought if we waited till she was born then ppl might not say anything... But they still did.....

Ppl still say stuff to me!!