+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were given a $60 bright starts bouncer and it was fantastic!!! I know so may people that buy big expensive swings and stuff and their kids didn't like them much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had an expensive rocker and a swing, and DD didn't like any of them. We bought one of those old fashioned netting ones with the wire frame and she loved it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we had the McLaren rocker $179. We used it so much and it also vibrated and she used to sleep in it alot. Was also very handy to take with us to other peoples homes. We used it until she was 5 mths old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my DDs have loved the cheapy bright starts bouncer.

No need to spend the extra $$ IMO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks pretty and you may be able to use it longer but if it is your first child and you will have other children unless you buy another one for the next child The first child can't use it until toddler hood as you will need it for the baby.

Does that make any sense?
    basically buy a dedicated rocker/bouncer / and or swing. Then a toddler couch/beanbag later on. there are some very nice ones out there http://www.theinfantboutique.com.au/...oducts_id=1943.

Our rocker cost $40 from babyco several years ago and has been great. It doesn't vibrate but did what we needed, it was also a beige and chocolate colour so didn't scream 'baby'

Thanks
    Reviews
    https://www.urbanbaby.com.au/epages/...ucts/OEBL-0002

What about this one?

I'm buying it today on the net so really need help. It's stressful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What about something like this. I had something similar with my first 2 and because it will lay back bubs can sleep in it and you don't have to worry.

I found with the one you've mentioned above is that if bubs falls asleep their head is at a really uncomfortable angle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP it looks ok but I really liked how I could alter the back on mine. This is very similiar to what I had http://www.babyco.com.au/afawcs01562...by-Sitter.html. Mine didn't have a toy bar though. There were times a hood would have been handy to take bubs outside but itwasn't a big deal. TBH you will most likely cover the rocker wit ha cloth nappy or something if you have a baby that is a bit spewer. Plus nappy leaks in the early days are a killer too.
    The ones you are showing us are gorgeous but save your money. You will only use it for a few months and your baby may not like it anyway. I would spend the extra money on a Tripp Trapp? highchair with the baby seat add on. I found that DS would be much better when he was at our height when we were trying to eat our evening meal. http://www.metromum.com.au/babies/fu...wborn-set.html. I just suggested this as you seem to like the 'brands'. I used a fisher price high chair that laid back from 3months so he could feel more involved.
    Good luck shopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Very informed Luey :-) l like the tripp trapp thing, very good idea! I am a bit of a brand person, with things I think need to last anyway. I have some decision making to do now! Thanks so much, again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenrose View Post
    Thanks girls. Very informed Luey :-) l like the tripp trapp thing, very good idea! I am a bit of a brand person, with things I think need to last anyway. I have some decision making to do now! Thanks so much, again!
    Get a cheap rocker and cover it with a funky cover/ muslin etc. If it is cheap you can ditch it/hand it on after one child. Spend more on things that are more versatile.

I thought you would like the tripp trapp attachments

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (18-01-2012)