+ Reply to Thread
    babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uniform shop not open before school starts!

My son is starting at a new school this year and I just went on the school website to check when I can go an buy him some uniforms this week. It doesn't open until 8.30am on the first day of school! Ummmm excuse me, what is my child supposed to wear to school on the first day? I'm going to have to go in the morning before class starts, purchase uniforms and have him change then and there. Seems silly to me. Rant over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh you poor thing! What a pain. Ours was open a 2 days this week and you had to make an appt. I got the uniforms last term (my older child goes there).

I was reading the Prep handbook and we are meant to pack a bag of spare clothes to stay at school. I can not afford another complete uniform at the moment. She has 2 complete uniforms and can use her sisters if necessary. At $30 for a polo shirt and $50 for a dress I just can not get another. I may just send in a spare pair of undies and black bottoms and a different shirt. The uniforms is black bottoms

I think you will find a lot of people will be doing the same as you if the shop was not open during the holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    a lot either said you had to come in end of last year to do or this week many are open

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would try ringing the school to see if they are open my kids school is on thursday and friday from 830 till 11am.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They normally open the uniform shop on the same day the books are to be collected so you can get both at the same time. Also, most of the time, schools dont mind if for the first week, students are dressed in the school colours (from Kmart or something) until you purchase a school shirt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our school has never had the uniform shop open before school starts. It's usually open for 2-3 days from the first day of school and then after that just fridays for about 1hr. Which reminds me I forgot DD2 & DD3 need sports shorts this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is that the second hand uniform shop? Is it possible to buy k mart plain shorts and buy one shirt new just to get you through? Even if you buy it to fit for a couple of years to get your money's worth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ring the school! look on the website and find the number for uniform
    co ordinator. maybe in a newsletter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Schools should just let uniform shops(outside of school) supply them half of them do not open long enough to allow working parents time to get in there. DH waited 3 hours on his 1 hour break(his boss was understanding as he has kids at the school) to get uniforms this was after attempting to get uniforms 5 times but they were always sold out or too busy with other parents getting uniforms too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sent you a PM