+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Fundal Height

Hi guys,

Just had a midwife appointment this morning and when checking my fundal height it was at 31 weeks when im only 25+6 weeks. Midwife checked and re checked and so did the obgyn. Have to go for a scan and have my glucose test early. then go back to be reviewed.

Im not at all shocked by this as ive been advising them every app about my concerns of the baby feeling bigger. But i am shocked at that measurement, i would of expected 27-28cm not 31.

So question posed,
    Has anyone elses been so far over, and did it even out over time?
    Was it accurate by the time of birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've not been in this situation but have measured two-3 weeks over. Did they say anything concerning to you. I'm sure thru have made note ESP if they re checked. Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    No just midwife checked, then dr came in and checked. Have to go for scan to check and go back to see the doctor next week and in mean time re check glucose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The position of your baby can affect the fundal height. Subsequent pregnancies can also give you higher fundal measurements due to weaker muscles and the baby being more out the front.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 pregnancies and have never had fundal height measured, it is an old fashioned and inaccurate way to measure your babies development.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

mamajess  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes once I got past 28 weeks my measurements started to be over by 3-4cms, and they never did get back on track. It ended up being a combination of a breech baby who sat high up (by the time I got into mid 30 weeks if they tried to ultrasound my pelvic region nothing would show) and I did ultimately have a fairly large baby - she was 9lb 8oz and was born at 37+5.
    I never once showed any signs of diabetes, high BP or any other complications. Just a healthy, upside down bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fundal height is always off. My babies tend to be transverse till the last minute, my muscles are separated. I'm slight but have a huuuge belly from early on. In my experience fundal height doesn't mean much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had mine done and measured at 23 weeks when I was 17 weeks. My doctor said that it isn't so much about the actual number, but the change. So as long as it is growing at the rate they expect the actual number doesn't matter. Which, of course, doesn't offer much reassurance if you've just had a big jump...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd have to pull out my old chart to remember the exact numbers, but at one of my OB appointments I was measuring 6 weeks ahead by fundal height. I think I was 22 weeks and measuring 28. I was convinced I was going to have an enormous baby! Or that it would come early. It had recorrected itself by my next appointment a month later and I was only measuring a week ahead.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

laurea  (17-01-2012)