+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default High Grade CIN 3

Was diagnosed with this yesterday... Pretty upset. Am booked in for a colposcopy next week. Have spoken to a few people on here but was just wondering if anyone else who's gone through it could share their experience?
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had CIN 3 quite a few years ago (2003). It was treated & I've been fine ever since. I get yearly paps to be on the safe side & they've all been clear.

I know it comes as a shock, but the good news is that's its been found, you're getting treatment and most importantly, its NOT cancer.

Close calls like this tend to get the negative 'what ifs' running rampant in your head. Try to push them aside, they are not going be your reality. You'll get through this just fine.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this with my first pap smear at 17! It is definitely a shock. I had a letz procedure which was all pretty simple and painless. Now 10 years later I have kept up with regular pap smears and have had a few come back abnormal, but not bad enough to need treatment again. All the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I am so mad at myself for Googling! I literally have every symptom of cervical cancer according to Dr Google! My appointment can't come quick enough, just looking forward to having to colposcopy done and having my mind put at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just went through this too. Never had an abnormal pap smear then suddenly high grade changes, hospital appointments, treatment. As lindylou78 said, it's not cancer and it's all treatable and all that but it's still pretty terrifying and can be pretty traumatic especially because it's such a sensitive and intimate part of the body!
    And there's still the whole STD stigma, even though HPV is apparently ridiculously common. So that felt pretty bad, even though I knew it wasn't my fault and it could happen to anyone

So I had an abnormal pap, went in for a colposcopy, the biopsy was a bit painful, and I had period pain like cramps for a few days (but getting to see my cervix on the tv screen was interesting at least!).
    Then had to go in for a lletz a couple of months later (oh that sucks about it being a non-urget medical problem, going in the public system meant huge waits when I just wanted to get it over with!).
    The lletz was fine, I actually found it easier than the first colposcopy I think because I knew what to expect then, rather then being all "oh my god what's happening". And the nurses were absolutely wonderful, they know how emotional it can be and had tissues and jellybeans ready and were generally really supportive.
    And then there was 4 weeks without DTD ( ), plus about 2-3 weeks of light bleeding which was damn annoying having to use pads only. But didn't get an infection or anything which was a relief.
    And now I'm just in the middle of waiting 6 months for another colposcopy to make sure it's all gone

So that's my experience, hopefully it makes anyone else who reads this feel a little better knowing they're not alone!

And mum2b09- I did the googling thing too, I'm sure you'll be fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

vegetus  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 2 Lletz procedures (2002 and 2004) for CIN 1 and then CIN2.

Both times I was up and about the next day with minimal pain, easily managed by panadol. The healing part should be no problem.

The positive news is that 98% of the time HPV clears itself from your body within 5 years.

I had recurrent CIN1 even after my second surgery, which was monitored. On a 6-month check up it had totally gone and I suddenly started to test negative for HPV. I still have yearly pap smears and since 2007 each has come back normal and negative for HPV.

Hang in there Brooke. Thinking of you and I hope it goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the exact same situation... I had cin 3 diagnosed in may 2013. Leep procedure in August now have a follow up colposcopy in feb 2014... waiting sucks through the public system. I started on private but couldnt afford the continual care even with private health insurance....... we want to TTC but its been a huge let down having to stop trying and wait now another 4 months for the all clear

We want to TTC now but im afraid of m/c if we do fall before feb... advice
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baburun View Post

I just went through this too. Never had an abnormal pap smear then suddenly high grade changes, hospital appointments, treatment. As lindylou78 said, it's not cancer and it's all treatable and all that but it's still pretty terrifying and can be pretty traumatic especially because it's such a sensitive and intimate part of the body!
    And there's still the whole STD stigma, even though HPV is apparently ridiculously common. So that felt pretty bad, even though I knew it wasn't my fault and it could happen to anyone

So I had an abnormal pap, went in for a colposcopy, the biopsy was a bit painful, and I had period pain like cramps for a few days (but getting to see my cervix on the tv screen was interesting at least!).
    Then had to go in for a lletz a couple of months later (oh that sucks about it being a non-urget medical problem, going in the public system meant huge waits when I just wanted to get it over with!).
    The lletz was fine, I actually found it easier than the first colposcopy I think because I knew what to expect then, rather then being all "oh my god what's happening". And the nurses were absolutely wonderful, they know how emotional it can be and had tissues and jellybeans ready and were generally really supportive.
    And then there was 4 weeks without DTD ( ), plus about 2-3 weeks of light bleeding which was damn annoying having to use pads only. But didn't get an infection or anything which was a relief.
    And now I'm just in the middle of waiting 6 months for another colposcopy to make sure it's all gone

So that's my experience, hopefully it makes anyone else who reads this feel a little better knowing they're not alone!

I

And mum2b09- I did the googling thing too, I'm sure you'll be fine
    Last edited by vegetus; 20-10-2013 at 22:17.