+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing a doc at clayton monash

Hi I'm about to start ivf a monash Clayton and wanted to know if there is anyone out there that could recommend a doctor and why

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not recommending as such... Only had 1 appointment so far with Dr Anthony Lawrence.
    We felt he was a lovely man, seemed to ask more questions then Dr Heider Naijjar @ Melbourne IVF...
    Dr Lawrence was recommended to me by a friend who used him for IVF & became pregnant first go :-))
    There issues were with her, not him.
    Our issues that we know of are my DH so still accessing if Dr Lawrence is right for us... I'll be sure to update once I know more :-))
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I cant reccomend Dr Gareth Weston enough! He was fantastic with us!
    We were seeing another FS there but changed after a few months as he was trying to push us into a certain treatment before exploring all our options.

Gareth did it all and more, and after our first treatment with him, we are currently 19week pregnant
    He actually cared about what we wanted, gave us lots of time to deal with all the brick walls we hit along the way, having faith in him really helped us

Good Luck on your upcoming journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks so much to the both of you. My problem is I have a blocked tube and one that looks like a phone cord. Love to hear of your journeys thank you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi speckles!

Our journey was a little different to yours, our issue was DH. He has a chromosomal issue which we didn't know about until we were TTC.
    When his semen analysis came back as zero, we were sent to Monash. As I mentioned, the first Dr on that very first appointment suggested we go straight to IVF with donor sperm on standby....Didn't seem to care about me at all.
    I went home and researched, all the tests we'd had and why they had been done. As Id scoured the net for all the tests we had I came across one that I was pretty certain DH had it. I also found out about other procedures and decided we would try them first.
    At the next appt I found out I was right but FS didn't even want to listen, he was still pushing for the full IVF cycle despite all MY bloods and scan being perfect.

We were very disheartened. We then saw Gareth, Id read lovely things about him. He actually cared. He allowed us to do the testicular biopsy in the hope of finding hidden swimmers,which we didn't, and he gave us time to grieve after all the bad news. And more time to come to grips with using a donor.
    He was also more than happy to let us have a shot at IUI which the first FS wouldn't even listen to.
    Here we are, almost halfway through our pregnancy from our very first IUI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow congrats but that's terrible what u had to go through first. In jan 2010 we saw my gyno who had tried me on mid the previous year but I ended up with a large cyst so she said try ivf at this stage my husband had good swimmers and I'm still in hope they are like that. Unfortunately in march 2010 he had a fall causing a bleed to the brain. Some how he survived and we are now finally ready to move on with our lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we had our first appt with Anthony Lawrence last week he is great I can't wait for it all to start fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay!! Keep us updated.
    We are due to start with melb ivf in about 3 weeks :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, don't mind me butting in, i have nothing better to do these days than to research doctors at Monash Clayton. We had our first appt with Dr Lolatgis last week, apparently he's good with PGD (that's what we need), but when we turned up for our apppt, he had no idea about our issue, and hadn't read up onour issue or reasearched our paperwork. My hubby was a bit disheartened, but i'm still positive about him. Don't really have much choice at the moment. But the good thing about him is he was suggesting that he'll talk to other doctors and really look into my hubby's issue (hidden swimmers, sleeping somewhere).