+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do as much in advance as I possibly can. As soon as we start looking for a new place, I clean the oven, scrub the grout and scrub the walls. It gets the worst of the job out of the way in plenty of time, then all they need is a quick touch up after we move out. I pack away anything we don't use regularly, minimise wardrobes and bookshelves and minimise the kitchen as early as possible.

Its also a good idea to go looking for damage before moving day. Last move we discovered some damage to an inbuilt shelf on moving day (it was one of the last things to be packed up) and just didn't have time to organise repairs before we had to hand the keys back. I tried to negotiate with the agent to send our own person in for a fix, or even do it ourselves but nope - they deducted a ridiculous price for it from our bond. NOT happy.

Best of luck with the move!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't forget about cleaning the stuff that you are taking with you, and doing a cull of things you don't use, want, need anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Anyone know how to get white grout white again? I need a great product recommendation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Bubbles I'm onto the culling, the less we own, the less to clean
    I just donated 4 big bags of girls clothing, and will go through toys and other random house hold objects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    Anyone know how to get white grout white again? I need a great product recommendation
    I put vinegar in a spray bottle and scrub with a grout brush to get rid of any mould. Then I just go over it with some homebrand domestos to bleach it.

I have a friend who swears by the aldi toilet cleaner for cleaning grout. Judging by her shower it works well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, will try. It's not really bad, just stubborn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    Bicarb soda - you can make a paste and spread it in the grout, then spray with a bicarb/water solution regularly. Leave it there for a few hours at least, then see what its like

Thanks
    Reviews
    We hired a dumpster for what wasn't suitable to donate to charity and we hired professional cleaners (who also did the carpets) as we could not be bothered - it's a great option if you can afford it. We got the real estate agency to recommend someone so that we knew it would be up to the standard they expected in order to get our bond back. Good luck - I don't envy you moving in the summer heat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Man! I cannot imagine moving after 9 years of accumulating stuff. I'm in the middle of doing it all now after 4 years and it's tiresome. I'm also selling and decluttering (need to go from a 3 bedroom townhouse to 2 rooms at my parents place! ). I have done bit by bit- although in the mean time, the house has been a disaster zone but I don't think I could have done it all in one weekend.

Oh, and I'm also paying a cleaner to come in once I've moved all my sh!t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow getting everything into 2 rooms will be tight, good luck
    Yeah we have a bit to take to the tip, and heaps to sort through, thankfully I cull every year, so it's not going to be too much to sort through. Dh signs the contract on Thursday, think I'll go down the street and grab a few boxes today and pack DVDs and games, we have most of our movies on a portable hard drive, so they won't be used for a while. Better leave call of duty out