+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mazda CX9

Hi,
    Does anyone have s Mazda CX9. We're buying a new car and my husband likes the CX9 but a couple of people have said the fuel economy is really bad.

Can any comment please? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted one to until hubby came home last night and our friends blew the engine at 2 years and they won't over under warranty as there is a clause that you must change the engine oil every 5000 km which is a lot! They didn't know this and got the car serviced every 10,000 by Mazda and now have no car.apparently the engine is small for the size of the body?

Just make sure you read the fine print, I'm not allowed one now

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have only just got my new CX9 and absolutely love it!! You're right it chews thru the fuel but I had a Grand Voyager prior to this and that has the same fuel economy..

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies. We're taking a 5 year lease through my husband's work so want something that will last and we won't outgrow. I want a BMW X3 but my husband doesn't think the boot space is large enough and isn't practical. We only have one bub at the moment but will no doubt have another soonish and we seem to cart a lot of stuff around...

Interesting about changing the oil every 5000k - that is a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have just bought a brand new Honda Odyssey.... Love it love it love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love my cx9 but it does eat petrol. Wish it came in diesel. Perhaps look at the kluger for fuel economy. Also black is hot, shows up dirt and scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband likes the Honda Kimberleygirl. Might have to check it out!

Thanks everyone for replying. Will have to keep looking and thinking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We were going to get a cx9 but I can't go past a diesel.. We are getting the new ford territory titanium - drive it, it's awesome!
    I also loved the Nissan pathfinder, but only the TI model, not as smooth as the territory but soooo many awesome extras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks faroutbrusselsprout. They're 2 we haven't even looked at! I'll get on their websites now and check them out!

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
    I wanted one to until hubby came home last night and our friends blew the engine at 2 years and they won't over under warranty as there is a clause that you must change the engine oil every 5000 km which is a lot! They didn't know this and got the car serviced every 10,000 by Mazda and now have no car.apparently the engine is small for the size of the body?

Just make sure you read the fine print, I'm not allowed one now

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
    Your friend isn't telling you the whole truth.

The engine in a CX-9 is a 3.7L V6, with more than enough power and torque for the car. I'd have to check to be 100%, but I am almost positive that the service interval for the CX-9 is (like all current model Mazdas) six months or 10,000km. The only time that an oil change would be necessary after 5000km is if they only did that mileage within the 6 month window, which is something that is pretty clearly indicated in log books and service manuals.

The six month window is the case with pretty much every car. Engine oil has a finite shelf life, and that shelf life shortens after the time it is first brought up to operating temperature. So whether you do 1km or 9000km, after (usually) six months it isn't up to the job and needs to be replaced.

I've dealt with a lot of warranty departments at both dealer and distributor level, and with the current state of the market they tend to be VERY lenient with warranty claims. They can't afford the bad press. If they were knocked back completely, I would bet money on it being an issue with the user rather than an issue with the model.

That said, I'd buy the Territory if it was me. A better car, and the diesel would clinch it.