+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    Okay, so the other thread got me thinking, if your partner told you he didn't like something about you/wanted you to change something, would you?
    DP loves the way I look, loves my style, my weight etc. BUT i'm currently in the middle of drawing out my new tattoo design, it's much larger then all my other tattoos, which DP doesn't mind, but this one is going to cover most of my back, shoulder and come down my right arm (only the shoulder part) BUT he doesnt like my design, the main piece will be a sugar skull which he isn't keen on, would you change your design because of youur partners opinion, or go with your original piece anyway?
    Oooo I think I have a crush on you (not in a creepy way.) That tatt is going to look HOT!!
    I'd go with my original piece. DH bought an Audrey Kawasaki and Sylvia Ji artwork a few weeks ago and they were the ones I absolutely positively hate with a passion! He bought them anyway. He's also going to be getting a sugar skull tatt after he finishes his sleeve. I wasn't a fan of it at first but since he didn't budge it has started to grow on me.
    DH wouldn't change it but if I wanted a tatt and he didn't like it... I'd probably change it.. Unless I reallllyyy loved it.
    Last edited by SugarSkull; 16-01-2012 at 20:47.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would change it. I'm in the opposite position where my DH passes his tats through me before he gets them. His body but I have to live with his body forever as well.
    It is a compromise though.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (17-01-2012),Littlemissmetal  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Blissedout - I totally get your reasoning, if DP or even I had ever gotten a dodgey tatt, I would do all I could to get it fixed up. DP wants to get a full arm sleeve, but he is about to join police academy, so not sure what he is alloud in regard to that career choice.

Aw thanks DarkCherry This has been the most fun tatt to design, I cant wait until it gets started! I cant decide if I want to go a sleeve. At the moment, I am having it start on my shoulder then progress down my back and around the front of my chest, I guess if I ever want to add more I will have that option.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 16-01-2012 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I personally wouldn't dismiss his feelings completely. I've edited my ideas because of my DH's input. And I'd hope he'd do the same for me (but he's a big baby and is scared of the pain so he'll prob never get one!)

I would find out what it is about the design that he doesn't like and whether theres anything you can compromise on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope. I like what I like... and that doesn't change because of what DP thinks. I don't have any tattoos or anything, but as I said in the other thread, he doesn't like my personal style (mostly hair, make-up, prints on dresses, etc) but that's just too bad for him.

I wouldn't tell him how to dress himself and if I did he'd probably ignore me anyway, so I don't think he should expect me to change to suit him.

The only way I think it'd make sense for one of us to veto something for the other, was something seriously gross - like if he wanted a tattoo of some Zoo mag type girl on him or something. Sorry, no. Just no. I can't exactly tell him not to get it, but I would be telling him what he would no longer be getting if he did.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Your style is awesome sassy! He's crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um, BubHub...what's going on? I've noticed not only my post is missing from this thread but a couple of others are as well...why is this forum eating so many posts lately?!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    His opinion matters to me, so I may change it slightly dependant on what he says.
    He just had one designed for himself and it was very much a process we were both involved in. He asked my opinion on different elements etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends fiance just got back from an overseas holiday with his extended familly.... with a new tattoo. Not the best one, either. It's his last name printed across his back, like the one Sonny Bill Williams has. She's not impressed but I don't think she's considering ending the relationship over it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Be The Change For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Your style is awesome sassy! He's crazy!
    I agree! I love the rockabilly style, but I don't think I could pull it off, that or im just to lazy to try

Thanks for all the input ladies, we spent pretty much all of last night going through designs and trying to put mine together, I *think* we have reached a medium, He still isn't 100% keen on the design I have chosen, but he said he can live with it, and we have changed a couple of things about it, which I don't mind. But honestly I wouldn't completely change my design for him, he has his sleeve planned out and I like the idea he is going for, but the design he has chosen I am not 100% keen on, I would rather him have a more "complex" look but he wants to keep it simple, I think that is where our opinions clash as my tatt is going to be extremely detailed but he thinks I should keep it more simple.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (17-01-2012)