+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Midwifery at Griffith 2012

Hi there

I am starting a Bachelor of Midwifery at Griffith Uni starting in a couple of weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else is starting there too? Would be good to get to know people before we start this adventure together.

Thanks
    Lucy

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lucy, I too am in the same course as you, very much looking forward to it! Where abouts do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Good to hear from you. I live in Carina...what about you?

I'm really looking forward to it, although not too sure how to juggle it with the kids yet. I have a 26 mth old and 8 month old and feel so guilty about putting the baby in care.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh cool, I actually work near there, on wecker road, but only for 3 more weeks, I resigned to be able to study but hope to find something a bit closer to home which is out at redbank, I hear you, it will be hard work juggling study with kids, I only have one so far and I'm nervous about being able to fit everything in but it will all be worth it! Look forward to meeting you aswell, I'm Bek by the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lucy and Bek,

I'm also attending Griffith and doing A Bachelor of Midwifery. I'm in Redland Bay.

I have a 2 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, they go to daycare 2 days a week this year and full time while the intensive is on - it doesn't really bother me as their daycare is amazing and all of the carers are like a second family to us. Hubby can't take time off at this time of year unfortunately.

Would be lovely to meet some new friends!

Little nervous about orientation Monday - only because I have never really been on campus before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi summer! Nice to meet another newbie! Hope it isnt too wet out your way! I too have also got my son in for extra days at daycare for the 2 weeks however still stuck on both Tuesday's, hopefully his dad will take those days off! Yep, looking forward to making new friends, be good to share the same goal with people! Can't wait for orientation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just hoping I make orientation - we were flooded in yesterday and couldn't leave our housing estate due to water over the roads. I've just been out for a run and it looks as if it may happen again if it doesn't stop raining!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! Hopefully the rain eases off by Sunday for you! Actually it would be nice to have some sunny weather!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, sorry only just saw these posts.

Hope the flooding is slowly going down, although i see its meant to carry on raining over the weekend and next week

What hospitals are you guys going to choose for your placements? I'm at Redlands which is closer to me, can't wait!

Looking forward to meeting you guys on Monday. My husband scared me this morning, he said today is your last proper day as a Stay at Home Mum / House Wife. That scared me a little bit!

Trying to find someone to look after my two little girls for Monday...proving harder than I orginally thought, i'll have to ask my husband to take a day off too.

See you on Monday
    Lucy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lucy!

I have put Redlands/Logan as my first preference, really hope I get Redlands as its only a 10 minute drive and I had my two babies there.

I'm definately ready for some sun, no flooding today luckily!!

Sounds like we all need a crèche on campus so we have someone to look after our kids!!