+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just been slapped with a DNA testing document

So just need to get some info from anyone who has had this done to them.

I have figured out that the CSA has caught up with the EX and they now want their over due monies owed to them, currently sitting at $22K.

So the ex being a dipshyte that he is send through an order the CSA to have a paternity test done as he's disputing CSA.

This is going to come back positive and kick him in the balls basically.

He hasn't seen little one since birth and hasn't bother to get in contact even though the EX name is on the birth certificate yadda yadda.

My fear is that once this comes back positive he'll want some sort of access to the little one, which I don't want him to, we have a quiet stable life just us two and tot's starts school this year as well and I want that transition to be as smooth as possible.

So any advise, should I do it and finally prove what I've been saying from the get go or just ignore it and hope it all goes away along with him????

Any help peoples?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to mention as well he hasn't done his tax for 3 years and I think ATO and CSA have finally caught up with him and now he's playing his last card that he thinks he's going to win with...

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sorry not a single/mum so don't have any advice, but good luck with it all. hope someone can come and offer you some good advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So you want CS, but for him to have no access? Is he abusive?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your situation and your ex!
    I'm studying law so I won't pretend to know everything a practising lawyer would, but here's some advice that may assist.

Do you have a written agreement or court order about your current 100% custody arrangement? If so, then he can't simply roll up and ask to see your son/daughter just because he's on the birth certificate - he will need to go through the proper legal avenues.

With regards to the paternity test he may be able to get a court order to enforce this, I am unsure about the right to refuse and still be eligible for payments, legal aid in your state would be able to help you with this.

If you have any grounds as to why he is an unsuitable parents / bad influence / dangerous etc it will not be straight forward for him to obtain any partial custody.

Stay strong and confident and don't be afraid to call legal aid in your state!

Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (16-01-2012)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I guess it depends how much you need the CS??

I suppose if you ignore the test, you'll either forfeit the money, or he will simply keep pressuring you.

I really understand the feeling of anxiety when you have your life stable and sorted out, and worry *they* are going to come barging in and create chaos...

I hope someone has some good advice.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Paying CS is a totally different and separate issue to access, CS is a legal obligation to the child regardless of how often/if the parent sees the child.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

emjy82  (16-01-2012),share a book  (18-01-2012),Tam-I-Am  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without knowing the situation/circumstances.

Does he really seem like the type of man who would want to take on a little one, especially one that he doesn't know. He might try and gain access but a screaming kid that he doesn't know how to subdue will probably be too much for him and access once might be enough for him.

If he seems like the type of man who would take responsibility, (and from what you are saying he isn't as he would have stepped up by now), if he would take responsbility then I don't think its fair to stop him from seeing the child.

Sorry but thats my two cents worth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Any good lawyer would have told him to get a DNA testing just to be sure.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    CSA is completely different to access. This man has an obligation to financially support his biological child. Would love to see his face when the results come back op lol.

He cant just demand access once results are in. You can make sure you guys go through mediation 1st. You'l soon see if he's serious or not

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LivinOnAPrayer For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (16-01-2012)