+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Exclamation Don't use innerspring mattresses... they cause spina bifida in babies!!!

this is what my bil said to me today (he is a know it all, but most of what he says is incorrect so i guess that makes him a know it nothing) the worst thing about it is, is that when you know it is incorrect you can't tell him that cos he yells and punches things (agressive) because he swears he is right.

he drives me crazy, a couple of months ago we were (hubby, bil and i) watching something on telle (i think it was to do with teenage mums going back to work or school 6 months(even less i think) after their bubs are born) any way i said to dh that, that is wrong cos you breastfeed for atleast 2 years (going by aba recomendations) and well bil piped up and said no they dont you only bf them for 3-6 months (really, you dont have kids and no nothing about anything)

he is just stupid. but you cant tell him he is wrong. these are just 2 examples of what he is like. i could go on but that will make it long and there are simply not enough pages.

anyway. innerspring mattresses ARE safe for babies (if im wrong tell me but im sure only air mattresses arent safe) and i WILL bf my baby for 2 years (if i can)

anyone else get useless/incorrect advice or whatever from people (share if you want)
    Last edited by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo; 16-01-2012 at 15:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ust incase someof you don't know what spina bifida is, it is a neural tube defect (congenital disorder)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (16-01-2012)

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They are fine but not really needed for a bubby I was told by a midwife/baby shop owner that he thinks they just make them so you will spend more. They certainly don't cause any harm though. Sorry to hear about your BIL I have an uncle the same (he doesn't punch things though)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nmgb For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    they are uber expensive (mil was telling me about some being on special, but i dont want one anyway cos even though they are marked down they are still so pricey) sorry to hear that your uncle is the same too (i just hate those type of people)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hear ya ladies, my MIL is like that... she says the craziest things and will argue to the death with anyone who says otherwise. i've learnt to just ignore and shut up, no point wasting your time getting frustrated. i dread family gatherings though, there's always drama and yelling because someone always manage to take the bait without fail!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cherishh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My family is like this, they think because they earn more then me they know more. Yeah I am ONLY studying my cert 3 and work with kids everyday but they think they know more about sun safety/nutrition/stages of development.

I refused to let my girls go to the water park at 1230/1pm and I was the worst person it is under cover but the sun still reflects of the water and burns apparently that is bull and I am just being pathetic but my girls burn after 5 mins with cancer council sunscreen on at 4pm so 1... I also BF until 2 that was also the wrong thing I was ruining my kids doing that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyflossfairy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. SB is something you are BORN with. My baby I lost had SB its is established within the first 3 weeks of conception. what they also dont tell you is that you need folate before you fall pregnant and within the first month. any extra after that is useless

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cherishh View Post
    i hear ya ladies, my MIL is like that... she says the craziest things and will argue to the death with anyone who says otherwise. i've learnt to just ignore and shut up, no point wasting your time getting frustrated. i dread family gatherings though, there's always drama and yelling because someone always manage to take the bait without fail!

you sound reaaaly tough!! guess you wouldnt have too many gatherings then. i couldnt ignore it and shush, i have to argue (cos im stubborn, dh hates when i do that. i try to stop myself but it just comes out)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol, my BIL is like this. He got up at an aunts funeral and told everyone that the government is putting cancer in butter, so if Aunty didn't eat butter she'd still be here.

It's like they were dropped on their head many times.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyflossfairy View Post
    My family is like this, they think because they earn more then me they know more. Yeah I am ONLY studying my cert 3 and work with kids everyday but they think they know more about sun safety/nutrition/stages of development.

I refused to let my girls go to the water park at 1230/1pm and I was the worst person it is under cover but the sun still reflects of the water and burns apparently that is bull and I am just being pathetic but my girls burn after 5 mins with cancer council sunscreen on at 4pm so 1... I also BF until 2 that was also the wrong thing I was ruining my kids doing that

all i can do is shake my head (at the stupid people of course... not you)

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    Thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. SB is something you are BORN with. My baby I lost had SB its is established within the first 3 weeks of conception. what they also dont tell you is that you need folate before you fall pregnant and within the first month. any extra after that is useless

yep. so sorry to hear about your loss