+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Funny, I've been told yet again to stop DS doing ballet and make him play a real sport.

The comment only yesterday wasnt it time DS grew up, hardened up and stopped playing fairies. My (sort-of) SIL didn't appreciate my reply that while her kids have *PADS she was in no position to comment. I *think* she's still trying to work that one out.

(Parental Attention Deficit Syndrome)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Funny, I've been told yet again to stop DS doing ballet and make him play a real sport.

The comment only yesterday wasnt it time DS grew up, hardened up and stopped playing fairies. My (sort-of) SIL didn't appreciate my reply that while her kids have *PADS she was in no position to comment. I *think* she's still trying to work that one out.

(Parental Attention Deficit Syndrome)
    Fingers crossed he becomes the next Mikhail Baryshnikov.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Fingers crossed he becomes the next Mikhail Baryshnikov.
    He's currently in awe of Steven Heathcote who ran one of the classes at the Shore School where DS went for a summer school camp last week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little man lives dance and drama at almost 4, and i absolutely encourage it. He also loves his soccer. We support him in whatever he is interested in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ballet is not easy, so many people think it....most "real" men would cave doing half of what they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ARGH What a terrible mother! That mother should be scolded and taught a thing or two about being a parent. It's important to support your children especially when it comes to sport! I played soccer when I was a young girl, the only time the boys got upset with me was when I stole the ball off them and ran circles around them to taunt them haha!!

Soccer teaches kids how to work in a team, how to win and lose in a respectful manner and helps your kids stay fit while also having fun. How could you deny your children such a thing?! Absolutely horrified! Good on you for letting your DD play soccer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez I hope girls can play soccer...since its DH's dream that all our kids will play...and we've got 2 daughters!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I played soccer as a teen, with another girl. She was really good, I was average. But not once in all those years did we ever play another team with a girl on it so it really was a boys sport.

We both had comments like that all the time. With parents even requesting that we be told to stop playing incase their sons hurt us or that their sons wanted to play "real" soccer etc. Lucky we had a great coach. I only quit for year 12. I also made really great guy friends and don't regret the challenge of evil eyeing the silly Mum's who were horrible while I blocked their sons.

DD1 quit ballet and I am secretly glad she has chosen not to do it after another 3 year old was going around calling other 3 year olds "too fat."

On the other hand, I also played three other boy oriented sports and I never got the same comments I did in soccer, I only ever had positive comments and was very supported. I think a lot more girls play soccer now than when I did so I'm sure it will be fine

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What. A. Nutter.

Hopefully the vast majority of people think her comments were odd.

I played soccer in high school.

I was incredibly good.

And yes, the boys were upset.

Because I was better then the lot of them.