+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's really sad that she is already being subjected to gender stereotypes, and from her own mother too

There are two girls in my DS's soccer class, and they all have a lot of fun. On the same note, my DS is starting ballet this year

I feel really sorry for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find this rather funny actually. If only she knew! Girls give as much as boys do in this sport. I started playing when I was about 8 in a grade level above myself. Boys used to go in gently and be quite surprised what I would give in return! I wear shin pads all the time because that's the kind of soccer I play, and expect in return.
    I still play. I play representative soccer- training twice a week and min of 1 game (depending on if I'm needed for the other). I leave everything on the feild. I slide tackle and I go in hard and strong. My injuries include concussion a few times and 1 fractured toe. Every time- it doesn't bring me off. I play through the pain and the adreneline keeps me going (until the full time whistle- than I start to feel the pain ).

Boys cant play hard with girls on the pitch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    nope was yesterday this time dimension!

but its ok she also said, in front of her and my Dd, that she knows her 7 year old Dd wont be good at ballet as she does not have the figure!
    Wtf. I'm surprised you were able to keep your cool with that comment. They are kids FFS. Let them be kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well best she save all the soccer and ballet fees and put it into a special fund labelled 'therapy'. She could use it now for herself but if she chooses not to then her dd will definitely need it later. Grrrr.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funnymama For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (17-01-2012),Witwicky  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to play soccer. I played in a girl's team, and also a mixed team. DD1 does ballet, but also asked to do soccer, but she was only allowed to pick one. I really didn't think many people would think like that anymore

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell her to go and watch Bend it like Beckham.

..maybe google The 'Matildas' and hmm..I dunno -- maybe step into the modern age?!

doing dance AND soccer though will be beneficial for coordination apparently

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It really sucks huh? My kids were told only boys box/go-kart/do martial arts that they are not normal girls as girls belong in dresses. The mums are all so stuck up towards the girls that are sporty play afl/soccer/ and have the same opinion towards the sports my girls like.

I was also told not teach my girls self defence as it makes them unlady like? Teach her to scream for help LMAO she is not a fighter in fact she is picked on but is obsessed with learning martial arts and will never use her hands only her words to show she does not like what you are doing to her. Her daddy is a huge man who also use to get laughed at because he was a ballerina
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 16-01-2012 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That poor child ....what a narrow minded person.

Soccer for girls across all grades is very strong in our area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what a crappy point of view. I've played soccer all my life and love it!! DD will be trying soccer this yr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funnymama View Post
    Well best she save all the soccer and ballet fees and put it into a special fund labelled 'therapy'. She could use it now for herself but if she chooses not to then her dd will definitely need it later. Grrrr.
    My mum used to do this kind of stuff to me, & I'm still bitter 20 years later.

ETA: I realise it's time to let it go, & hope being a wonderful Mummy to my little girl will help me do so.
    Last edited by becandabub; 16-01-2012 at 17:19.