+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also recommend going to the doc for a checkup. That consult threw a spanner in the works for us as I needed some vaccinations. After I had my booster shots I had to wait a minimum of 4wks before conceiving. I also found out I was low in vit D which is important in foetal development.

Also download (if you have an iPhone) a period tracker. This way you can chart your cycles and it will tell you your fertile days and approx ovulation date. It might be worth going off the pill now then charting your cycles till march. Just use alternative contraception. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    I would also recommend going to the doc for a checkup. That consult threw a spanner in the works for us as I needed some vaccinations. After I had my booster shots I had to wait a minimum of 4wks before conceiving. I also found out I was low in vit D which is important in foetal development.

Also download (if you have an iPhone) a period tracker. This way you can chart your cycles and it will tell you your fertile days and approx ovulation date. It might be worth going off the pill now then charting your cycles till march. Just use alternative contraception. Good luck!
    Thanks thats what i decided at lunchtime! I will make the last pill on friday my last pill!!! Then i will use protection for a couple of months, I also need to check on my jabs as im unsure as to when i had them!

Thansk all again for help & advice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the pill for 10 years, I had a period straight after I stopped, the following month had a normal cycle and the next month tested positive, so I agree I think it's an individual thing and if you get in at the right time. I'm in that first month period now and keeping my fingers crossed. I know lots of people that fall preg straight away after stopping the pill. Good luck 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 10yr of Being on the pill it was 3rd go with first and 1st go with second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again!

I've found out that I had my MMR Booster on the 30/10/2006 and Rubella Vaccine on 11/02/1991 - how long do these last, is it likely i will need them again? I will make a doc appointment soon! Last pill tomoorw! Very excitiing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debsi View Post
    Hi again!

I've found out that I had my MMR Booster on the 30/10/2006 and Rubella Vaccine on 11/02/1991 - how long do these last, is it likely i will need them again? I will make a doc appointment soon! Last pill tomoorw! Very excitiing!
    Hi debsi, everyones so different with vaccines. Some people will have lifelong immunity, others require 2 or 3 boosters. I had my rubella in 1997 and needed a booster. I had chicken pox in 1987 and had no immunity left from that. It's a easy blood test, just ask the doc to check. They will provably check hepB too. I had the complete works which included vitamin D levels, cholesterol, iron, glucose and they even checked HIV status and for syphilis!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick up date! We actively started trying to conceive at beginning of april and period 2 days late so tested on Friday and got a bfp! Did 4 tests!! I got a bfn 8 days b4 period was due!! Doctors appt tomorrow! Can't wait!! Thought I'd share this with u!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 months here too. I'd been on the pill for 10 years. We ended up having fertility issues as I was diagnosed with PCOS. Once that was all sorted we fell first time with medication.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by debsi View Post
    Is it true that its based on however many years you have been on the pill? eg mine should be 17 months? Is that correct?!
    Well not sure - but after being on pill for 6 years, took me 6 months to fall... Maybe just a bizarre coincidence tho!!!
    For you! Good luck x