+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi came off the pill mid december 2011 and just got a BFP this month. So 1 month here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi debsi

Just thought I would share my first month off the pill. I'm on my first cycle off the pill after being on it for the better part of 17 years (only had 3 months break in that time).

I finished my pill at the end of the last packet and had AF from the 15th of December to the 20th of December, 2011. For the next 2 weeks I had god awful symtoms I was cramping, migraines, bloated beyond belief you name it I had it, I felt terrible!!! After the new year things settled down I believed I would be due for AF around the 10th-11th of January, 2012 but of course it didn't arrive.

I had been using OPK's and had never got a positive only a very faint line. On the spare of a whim I used one on the 12th because of signs I had been getting that I took for AFM signs. Whammo up came a clearly darker line on the OPK. I have since ovulated on the 14th of January confirmed by OPK's, EWCM etc etc and am now on 3DPO.

I guess the answer is like everyone else has written is everyone is different but I know my mum got pregnant first cycle off the pill, so did two of my friends. The length of time you have been on the pill is irrelevant.

Hope my little story helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll be fine! I went off the pill in July after 12 years on it pretty constantly. We kept using condoms for a while while I started taking folic acid and let my cycle sort itself out, which seemed to take a few months. I got the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility which really helped me understand what was going on. We stopped using protection when I was fertile in Nov and we fell in Dec, so second try. A dr told me last year it was a good idea to stop the pill 6 months before you wanted to TTC to give yourself the best chance, but as you can see it doesn't seem to matter for a lot of people. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all!

My last pill is on Friday, but was planning on taking pill until approx March ish so will start folic tablets this week, does it matter if i take the pill and folic at the same time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went of the pill in October, then found out I needed a rubella and chicken pox booster, had that, had a completely normal 29 day cycle that month. In November starting trying, DTD and feel pregnant! I was taking my swisse pregnancy multi which contains folate for my last three months on the pill and no problems. You will be find taking folate whilst on the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant 3months after coming off the pill, but it was our first month of looking at ovulation dates etc and actually putting some science behind it! I had a great pregnancy and birth and DS is now 10 weeks
    My doctor told me to start taking Elevit at least month before TTC. I would definitely go and have a full check up with your GP first as they will do blood tests etc and let you know if there are any issues you need to rectify before falling pregnant. Good luck!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexik For This Useful Post:

beccacino  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention that I had been on the pill for 13 years with no breaks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first cycle.... after taking it for 9 years straight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant on my second cycle after coming off the pill. I had been on the pill for 16 years. I def think its an old wives tale about the pill and falling. Goodluck with ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant on the pill (on for 7 years), then again after being on the pill for a further 1.5 years, so I really think it depends on each individual couple.