+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How soon did you fall pregnant after coming off the pill?

Hiya

I am just about to turn 32 and have decided we are now ready to start planning a family!

I have been on the pill for 17 years and am thinking of coming off the pill in March. I will wait for the 'natural' period before we actually go for it as apparently thats what you are suppose to do!

How soon dd you fall pregnant after coming off the pill? Is it true that its based on however many years you have been on the pill? eg mine should be 17 months? Is that correct?! Hope not! I want a couple of kiddies and time is now of the essence!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can fall straight after coming off. Having said that, I came off in June, and have been TTC since with no luck I was on without a break for 6 years, but I don't think that rumour is true about length of time after being on it.

Hope it happens quickly for you!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!
    I fell pregnant 2nd month off the pill after taking it for 13 years. Unfortunately it ended in an early m/c so we are going to be trying again soon. I have never heard of it being based on years on the pill so I don't think it's accurate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! lets hope its an old wives tale!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yep, I've heard the old wives tale that years=months when coming off the pill.
    But, I don't believe it at all. Everyone is different.
    I was on the pill for about 12 years, I was 27 when I came off and took 14 months to conceive. Although, my cycles had an odd pattern of 70-80 days long until I got acupuncture to shorten them and start ovulating. So, not sure if that happened cause of the pill, or if its just my whacky body.
    I reckon if you've come off, and having regular cycles and O'ing, then just relax and see how you go. If you come off and have problems like I did, I'd get it investigated sooner rather than later. I left it 6 months to happen naturally, before I asked the doctor for help, and it took another 8 months from then.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all!

Is it worth taking the folio acid tablets now or when I actually come off the pill?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took me 5 months/cycles to get pregnant after coming off the pill. I had been on it for 8 years non stop.

What helped me was temp charting, taking Vitex, B complex vitamin and Elevit. DH was also taking Menevit. And we used Preseed in the last couple of months which I think helped.

Start taking your vitamins as soon as possible!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got my BFP in our second cycle off the pill

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hormones in the pill don't accumulate in your system so its irrelevant how many years you have been taking it. It can take a few months for your period to become regular again but its different for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got pregnant 2 months after going off the pill. They say you should take folic acid a month before TTC. Good luck with your TTC journey!