+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chaddy83 is offline Phoebes, Xaviers & Hudsons mummy
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When should morning sickness start

Im 5 weeks pregnant with 3rd child. There is 4 and a bit years between 2nd child and this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's different for everyone and some people are lucky enough to not get it at all.

For me it starts around 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine came on super strong at 5-6 weeks - and I was spewy right up until the day I gave birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am 5 weeks, 2 days and have not had any morning sickness at all yet. I am a little concerned as I have read that a lack of morning sickness can mean a greater chance of miscarriage? When does morning sickness usually start? And has anyone else had a morning sickness-free pregnancy? This is my first so I am a little anxious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 18 weeks, so far have not had any MS at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    usually 6 weeks......I find I am fine one day then bam it starts!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imsparkling View Post
    Hi, I am 5 weeks, 2 days and have not had any morning sickness at all yet. I am a little concerned as I have read that a lack of morning sickness can mean a greater chance of miscarriage? When does morning sickness usually start? And has anyone else had a morning sickness-free pregnancy? This is my first so I am a little anxious!
    I never had any ms and everything was fine. My first trimester was very stressful as I felt totally fine and I too had read about it meaning more chance of miscarriage. I have never seen any actual research to prove this is the case and anecdotally it doesn't seem to be the case either. Pleas don't let it stress you and just enjoy feeling good! There are some who say that say ms is linked to lack of vitamin B6. Who knows if this is true or not. Some people can be unintentionally thoughtless by saying things like they feel crap so that must mean everything is ok. They don't realise the anxiety this can cause those without severe symptoms.

I am 16 weeks now and still hardly feel pregnant at all although my bump is growing nicely. I just hope it lasts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 8 weeks and have felt "off" since about 4-5, although it's getting worse every week. Mine is unpredictable though - yesterday it was all day, Sunday it was the afternoon, Saturday it was the morning. I'm not throwing up but feeling very very queasy. I tell myself it means everything is going well even though I know that's not necessarily the case - I've had friends who felt completely normal and had perfectly healthy babies - but I need to make myself feel better somehow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MS is different for everyone. I'm 12 weeks preggers and I get good days and bad. Today I have no ms at all but two days ago I felt like I was in the middle of the Atlantic. The ms also didn't start for me until week 6 or so and it really has been very mild compared with some other women.

I'm not sure where you read about no ms meaning an increased risk in miscarriage. I hadn't heard that at all. My doc told me that it will change each day and some women will not experience it at all. Everybody is different because the hormone progesterone that causes ms affects everyone differently. Please don't worry about not getting ms. If you don't get it it certainly doesn't mean that you are more likely to miscarry. It just means that you are more able to adjust to and cope with the change in hormone levels in your body. Revel in the fact that you are enjoying an easy pregnancy.

Lots of for each of you and I'm sure the bubs will be sticky ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies! I now feel much more re-assured. Really appreciate you taking time out to provide great advice