+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suggestion for IVF Doctors / CGH ?

Hi All,

I am new here and would like some advice on IVF and maybe CGH. I am facing secondary infertility, and have had 6 miscarriages in the past two years. I was diagnosed with a couple of immune issues, and now I am having immune therapy to treat those. All my pregnancies were naturally concieved. The problem now is that I need to fall pregnant really quick so I don't waste all the immune therapy I have just done. Those therapies would have an expiration dayte, so they will be no longer valid in a couple of months, so if I don't fall pregnant naturally soon, I will have to make all treatments again ( LIT and intralipids infusions basically ).

Because of that, we are considering trying our first IVF cycle. So I am lost in relation to what doctor should I go to, and therefore would love to hear other women's experiences with Doctors in Sydney. I live in Sydney, lower north shore area. Does anyone have a suggestion about a good ivf clinic/doctor I should look for around my area ?

We have also considered doing CGH and I think that is available at Sydney IVF ( ginea ). In that case, does someone knows a good doctor in Sydney IVF that have a good success rate in ivf's and cgh ? Any experience with cgh ?

Thanks a lot for all sugestions and comments !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mayaus,

So sorry to hear you've had recurrent m/c's

Genea most definitely have CGH available, I'm in the middle of my CGH cycle right now. Their standard protocol is to biopsy the embryos at day 5 (blastocyst stage), freeze all, then wait for results. When they identify the chromosomally normal embryos, you do a frozen transfer in a later cycle.

IVF Aust also have CGH available, and from what I've heard they offer a day 3 biopsy. The results come back within 2 days and gives you the chance to have a fresh blastocyst transfer.

Both methods have their pros & cons. I personally preferred the day 5 biopsy because they can remove more cells for testing (bigger sample=better chance of a conclusive result), and my body gets a chance to get rid of all the drugs & extra hormones before I do a frozen cycle.

I'll send you a PM about FS' as I'm not sure we can discuss them on the open forum.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lindylou,

Thank you so much for your answer and for your message as well.

Good luck in your cycle. I think IVF Australia has PGD but not CGH, and from what I read, they are different. Yes, with PGD you don't have to wait for another cycle to do egg transfer, therefore you can have a fresh cycle. Still, I was told by my doctor that CGH is more accurate, and that is the reason why I thought about going to Ginea.

I wonder also what is the out of pocket difference. I know medicare doesn;t cover any of those diagnostic procedures... Anyway, thank you for your recommendations, I will try to make an appointment and will let you know !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second Genea. They are great. I'm also on the lower north shore and seeing Dr Lighten at Bella Vista clinic which isn't too far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mayaus,
    I did a PGD (CGH array) cycle with IVFA in May 2011. What Lindylou has said is correct about the day 3 biopsy and subsequently being able to have a fresh transfer on day 5. I also made the decision to proceed with PGD due to recurrent miscarriage but unfortunately I didn't have any normal embryos for transfer that cycle. There is further info here:

http://www.ivf.com.au/ivf-fertility-...rmalities.aspx

http://www.ivf.com.au/ivf-fertility-...selection.aspx

The costs were $2995 on top of an ICSI cycle.
    Best of luck with your decision
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 21-01-2012 at 15:20.