+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Took 3 weeks for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can't actually claim 3 months before. You can fill out and submit most of your paperwork but they still won't process your claim or start your payments without the hospital forms.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It took about 5 weeks (33 or so days) for Centrelink to start my Paid Parental Leave pay . When I rang the info line it had a recorded message saying if it had been less than 21 days since you'd lodged your claim then hang up cause it wouldn't be processed yet . It was 22 days at that time and all they could tell me was that "it would be soon". I wasn't in financial hardship and if I had been they said it could happen quicker, but apparently even financial hardship claims weren't being processed til at least 21 days after lodging forms.

I did get backpaid to the date of my dd's birth, but it was hard cause I finished work 6 weeks before she was born and she was nearly 7 weeks by the time I got any money (I took the forms to Medicare and it was hard for me to get out to get there due to pain from the delivery). I also thought lodging them at Medicare was quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know people who have gone through via sending it and it still can take 6 weeks...

Some times they're just busy... If there are lots of babies born..,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my most recent baby, I had pre-filled the claim and lodged it within a week of the birth and it still took over 2 months.

After 6 weeks, I rang the call centre and was told that it was "in the system and would be paid soon".

I eventually went into the centrelink office and they put in a request to the payment processing section for it to be processed straight away and it was paid within 48 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends isnt due until early March and she has already started getting payments as she has not been working
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess1889 View Post
    You can't actually claim 3 months before. You can fill out and submit most of your paperwork but they still won't process your claim or start your payments without the hospital forms.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kb90 View Post
    My friends isnt due until early March and she has already started getting payments as she has not been working
    Are you sure that's the baby bonus? You need to provide the hospital papers as proof of birth to get anything usually!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's the baby bonus payment as the form has to have the hospital section filled out and signed by the hospital and it's usually given too you at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I'm fairly sure, because I asked why she would want it started already and she hasnt got bub. unless shes meaning something else??? but thats just what she told me. I dont plan on until after baby anyways I think it works better having it after baby. I need to apply for Medicare and will do so when bub is born as I am still on Mums card, so can all be done at once.

Unless she has approval from her hospital because I know they have given her a medical note saying she hasnt needed to work since pretty much the start of pregnancy.. Drama Queen you see haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i lodged mine last week and i was told they must process within 21 days. i hope mine doesn't take as long as some here.