+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Help! Food to take on holiday...no idea.

DH and I are going on a small 3 day vacation where we will be staying in a beach house. There is restaurants, a cafe, and BBQ facilities in the resort sort of thing we are staying at but we will need to take some of our own food.

Each morning we are having the breakfast buffet so no need to worry about that, and we are taking meat for BBQs...but I need help with other stuff like for lunch etc just convenience foods. I was thinking those cup noodles...and thats all I have come up with lol. I'll take long life milk with us too.

So any ideas on what else we could take for lunches and snacks etc?

ETA- The kids are staying with nanna! This is our first getaway in almost 8 years!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depending on the facilities available, we grab a few things from the "ready made" section of the supermarket near the deli/produce area

Salad kits (caesar, thai beef etc)
    Indian
    Quiche

For snacks, antipasto, cheeses, crackers, yoghurt, fruit.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If your having the buffet for breakfast and taking meat for dinner I would be taking cheese and biscuits and dips for lunch and salad for dinner. Then just grab fruit and chocolate for snacks for after dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For Lunches...
    Rolls or wraps with salad stuff, sliced cheese, sliced ham, cans of tuna etc.
    Boiled eggs with toast.
    Quiche
    Croissants with melted cheese and tomato
    Baked beans , canned spagetti
    Stuff to make pita pizzas.
    Egg and bacon muffins (just like macca's using english muffins)
    Cup of soups
    Canned soups

Snacks...
    Nuts
    Chips
    Popcorn (microwave)
    Muesli bars
    Fruit
    Crackers and dip and cheeses
    Dry biscuits
    Bread for toast and spreads

Basics-
    Sauce, mayo, salt, pepper, sugar, coffee, tea, butter, spreads, longlife milk, juice, drinks, peeler, can opener.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you're anything like me, after those big buffet breakfasts I am chockers!

So for lunch, I would probably have light things on hand such as lot's of fruit, like grapes, watermelon, apples etc, bread rolls, cheeses (for cheese platters and salad items so I could make up salads and maybe add some tuna in them or eggs etc. Bags of chips for snacking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sooo much so many good ideas here I have written them all down.

Uniquey- Well, you'd think so but nah we are starving an hour afterwards bahahaa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Thanks sooo much so many good ideas here I have written them all down.

Uniquey- Well, you'd think so but nah we are starving an hour afterwards bahahaa.
    That's me after a chinese meal, it doesn't matter if I gorge myself on chinese, 1/2 an hour after eating it I am hungry again! I think it's the MSG or something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bread or wraps just for sandwhiches?
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 16-01-2012 at 12:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Caramel sauce???
    LOL huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was still half replying to London and got confused with my posts! But hey weekend without kids, caramel sauce might just be a good idea!!!!