+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we also moved in together after dating for 3 days (had known each other 5 months)
    When you meet The One, I think you just know, and we didnt want to waste a minute

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Californication  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were together 6 months before we started TTC. We'd known each other for 1.5 years.
    I think having that year of friendship before hand helped us - we could talk about what we wanted for the future without any pressue, as we were "just friends" at that stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We'd been together for 9 years and married for 1 of those when we started TTC. We celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary a week before our DD was born. We had been married nearly 5 years when DS was born.

I think having a child can put a lot of stress on any relationship and I learnt a lot of new things about DH (some good, some bad) after having a child - and I'd known him for over 10 years!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    We'd been together for 9 years and married for 1 of those when we started TTC. We celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary a week before our DD was born. We had been married nearly 5 years when DS was born.

I think having a child can put a lot of stress on any relationship and I learnt a lot of new things about DH (some good, some bad) after having a child - and I'd known him for over 10 years!!!
    I couldn't agree with this more. Children definitely highlight some good and bad qualities about a person that no conversation could ever unveil. My DH has shown me that while he is a hands on dad (playing with DS in the backyard) and very much loves his boy - he wasn't the most supportive husband through the child rearing early years (ie didn't occur to him that family guy isn't appropriate for 3yrolds or perhaps 9pm isn't a great bed time)... Sure did add a lot of tensions and fights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF and I were in primary school together so technically we met in 1998 and had our son in 2011 so 13 years. We started dating in 2004 when I was 16 and he was 17, we moved in together after 18 months in 2006 and got engaged at the start of last year. So we're officially together 6 years when we conceived our little "whoopsie" wouldn't change him for he world but a few more years to of set ourselves up better would have been nice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Met 11 years ago
    Started going out 9 years ago
    Married after 6 years together
    TTC after 8 years together and 12 months into TT journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    It takes a long time to truelly know a person which many couples I believe don't do before they have children and many relationships fail. Dh and I didn't live together for 5yrs. We then lived together for 7yrs in which time we worked hard and bought properties, our aim was to set ourselves up first. We were then ready for kids, we now have 2 boys and a comfortable very happy life. We often find ourselves councillors to friends who's relationships have failed.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    2 years, we lived together after 6 months tho because it was long distance in the begining, we were also engaged. 10 years later and two boys... Im glad no one superior tried to counsel us,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved in with each other a couple of weeks after meeting, engaged after 2.5 years, TTC just over 3 years and have now been together over 5 and a half years with number 2 on the way

My parents were engaged within 6 weeks of meeting and married within 9 months... They lasted 27 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We met in 2005
    Fell pregnant (not planned) May 2008
    Married August 2008
    Still born September 2008
    Started TTC august 2009
    M/c October 2009
    Pregnant february 2010