+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Positive stories

I just want to say thank you to the lovely lady in my local Bunnings who congratulated me for breastfeeding DD yesterday. As a new mum I'm still getting used to doing it in public and that simple comment gave me a big boost of confidence. So let's celebrate people's positive experiences of public breastfeeding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MunchkinsMum1 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I breast fed jasper once in front of Aldis, he was about a year old so I was a little self conscious breast feeding a toddler so openly, but he was screaming & tired and the parents room was just too far away, so I sat down and fed him and a lady came up to me & said its so great to see someone breast feeding, keep up the good work and I'll leave you too it. It was lovely. I didn't really respond - I think I said thank you - I was a little startled! But it made me feel great at a moment I wasn't feeling so comfortable.

That also helped me ongoing with breast feeding jasper publicly even though he wasn't little anymore. When it was 'he's so tiny & hungry and if I don't feed him he'll starve' I had no issue feeding him when I needed to. But that helped me feel okay comfort feeding my toddler in public. (cos he was still demand fed until about 2ish years, then I started cutting back the random day feeds when he was feeding more often at 2 than he was at birth! Argh!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww I don't think I have any stories like that...I think I would've loved people congratulating me for BFing if they saw me do it...

Just wanting to subscribe to read along with all the other feel good stories

I have people congratulate me when they find out I BF'd DD for 20 months on only one boobie, so I guess thats my celebrate-contribution

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was feeding my son at a local shopping centre and a lady came up said her friend worked for the aust breastfeeding assoc. and gave me a business card that had
    ' thankyou for being a proud breastfeeder, by nursing in public you are being a wonderful role-model for our sons and daughters, please keep this card as a reminder of our thanks or pass it on to another nursing mum'... or something along those lines- i lost it unfortunately.
    it was really nice as by bub4 it's something i dont even think about any more..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizzyplus4 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (16-01-2012),SugarSkull  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was breastfeeding 6mo DS yesterday at the markets and a lady walked past with her husband and gave me a big thumbs up and a lovely smile he he

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (16-01-2012),SugarSkull  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you ladies for doing it out in public. You're doing an amazing job = ) xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (16-01-2012),MuminMind  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feed at our local lawn bowls club every week. I used to feed in the clubrooms and I would get the man who ran the club night asking if I needed water, did I need somewhere to change her, just to give him a yell. He also asked if I was comfortable feeding her in public or if I would prefer to feed her in a more private place. I said that I was happy to feed her in the clubrooms as there wasn't really anywhere else to feed her other than sitting on the toilet. The next week I went into the ladies bathroom and he had organised a comfy armchair with cushions and a side table for my water. I thought it was very thoughtful

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyLittleLilacTree For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (24-01-2012),Pesca77  (24-01-2012),SugarSkull  (24-01-2012),Whitman  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also subscribing for the

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sitting next to a lady at a Christmas schools concert when baby was about 5 months old. She was saying how her step daughter was so naive because she thought when she had her baby she would be able to wear trendy clothes while bfing and little did she know the best thing were baggy tops and parent rooms. She FF from week 2 or something because she obviously had oh so much support from her Step mum.

She just finished saying this and Will starts looking for a feed. So I unclip my nicely fitted trendy looking bfing singlet and gave him a feed whilst watching the concert. Yes I bfeed and wear trendy clothes and have the confidence to no longer shut myself in a parents room
    Last edited by Whitman; 24-01-2012 at 09:09.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (24-01-2012),SugarSkull  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    I was sitting next to a lady at a Christmas schools concert when baby was about 5 months old. She was saying how her step daughter was so naive because she thought when she had her baby she would be able to wear trendy clothes while bfing and little did she know the best thing were baggy tops and parent rooms. She FF from week 2 or something because she obviously had oh so much support from her Step mum.

She just finished saying this and Will starts looking for a feed. So I unclip my nicely fitted trendy looking bfing singlet and gave him a feed whilst watching the concert. Yes I bfeed and wear trendy clothes and have the confidence to no longer shut myself in a parents room
    Hahahahahah that's classic! Good on you Melting Mayo. Did you see the look on her face or anything like that? That must have been very satisfying lol
    Some people are just too old school and narrow minded to get with the times and become a little more educated.