+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worth waiting out a long cycle?

Hi ladies,

I'm a newbie and hoping to get some suggestions.

I'm 25 with pcos and very long cycles. Hubby and I have been ttc for 1 year.

My last couple of cycles indicate that I am ovulating, but it's not until CD 65+

I'm now on cd 30 with no sign of ovulation any time soon again.
    Is it worth waiting it out? Is there any possibility of getting pregnant when I'm ovulating that late? Or should I try and bring on AF and hope for a fresh start and a shorter cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have been trying for a year i would say its worth going to talk to your doctor. I was kinda in the same boat - was on day 55 when i asked for blood tests and again on day 65 which indicated i wasnt progressing at all. If you are happy to wait and see - then continue as you are, but maybe get some bloods to confirm that you do actually o. It is very possible for you to get pregnant if you know when you o on your long cycles, but as mu doc said - why not increase your chances from only 4-5 times a year to 12 times!! It would be worth a trip to your doc to put your mind at ease too. Hope this helped?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shackles,

Thanks for the reply! I know I need to get back to my doctor/ find a new doctor. Just had a really negative experience last time and haven't built up enough nerve/ desperation to go back yet

I was worried that having such long cycles would mean the lining was too old to support a pregnancy etc

I hope that I am actually ovulating. Been charting and get a very clear temp shift and AF arriving exactly 14 later so taking that as a good sign, but who knows.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries - sounds like you are o'ing so all should be good. Ive learnt to just suck it up and go with my gut - if i think i need something in particular from my doc, i don't leave until i get a result i am happy with and have seen several different doctors if I'm not happy with one. No point wasting precious time if its not needed - go see someone else!!