+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it should be up to the owner (we rent) we don't have pets but we have had pets while renting in the past and had no issues.

I would like to get DS2 a small dog but honestly I'm not sure I can be bothered with the stress of renting with a pet again, we will wait until we are in our own house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I would hate the idea of 3 monthly inspections, (ours are every 6) but as a pet owner I would be open to agreeing on a system where the owner could recoup any costs the bond didn't cover without having to go thru court.
    My previous owner did 3 monthly anyway which was great fun

Then she sold the place and i had the real estate here ALL the time :/.

Stupid cow wouldnt fix anything though :/ she asked for a plumber to do a QUOTE on a running water tap (plumber just didn't show up ..
    When i called he said he 'wasnt' going out of his way for a quote.)

The frigging tap ran for 3 1/2 weeks before it was fixed.

My new owner is MUCH better, 6 monthly.inspections and fixes stuff when it needs doing
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    WA its standard to have 3 monthly inspections. Just had one peeved me off because they always give a huge time frame 8:30-5:30 ffs next time I am going to tell them I want a 2-3 hour window and that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think they should allow pets if tenants are willing to pay a higher deposit and have dry cleaning clause in the rental agreement. That's what we always have for our pets and we also get a reference from previous landlords regarding the state of their house with pets specifically mentioned when we left etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On another side note a PP with the dog run, I looked at a property that had a kids outdoor area(huge climbling tower, swings, astro turf) it looked like a daycare had been run from it and was is immaculate condition actually looked rather new. We were only applicants with kids and we were refused it despite having excellent references and it was the cheapest house we were going to rent($50 cheaper than our previous 3 properties) and were told no and it was given to a childless couple. We rented a more expensive property from the same realtor with no issues.

I guess sometimes despite being suitable for families/pets LL just WANT a set type of person in there

ETA...it is still a rental and I still have not seen kids in the property