+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I've had to provide photos of my two dogs in the applications I've sent in so far

I've given up trying to rent now. We are waiting until our house is sold here, then we can hopefully buy something simultaneously up there. No more "rules"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read the whole thread.

If the property had an area that would suit pets, then yes absolutely. I can understand however, if they requested not inside the house. My answer is based on me being an animal lover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i feel people should be aloud pets as long as they look after them properly and are good to their pets and cleanup after them i feel pets as valuable as family.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our landlords have been wonderful, they want us to treat the house as our own. For example painting, new letter box etc etc. They do not want to be asked and are greatful we take good care of the place. We only have one dog but are approved for livestock, horses, dogs, cats and I bet if we asked for any other type of pet we would be allowed it too. Their only rule was no dogs in the house permanently, however they are allowed in for visits.

I enjoy how our landlords trust us to look after their home and allow us free rein.

However I see the other point of view too.

I think it's up to the landlords. However I think that if someone can provide good references etc for their pets then why not. As long as the property is suitable for pets. Ie, I dont think it would be okay if it was a large dog in say a townhouse yard. But if it was a large dog that had run of a massive backyard it would be okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i do provided the place is appropriate.

I get the no pet in a flat thing, flats are compact so pet noise and smell can affect others BUT in a house i think as long as the tenant signs agreements to repair or replace ANY damage done by the pet amd perhaps agrees to more frequent inspections then i do not see the problem (a law could be made allowing owners to harshly prosecute people who break that agreement such as wage garnishing etc)

Honestly PEOPLE do more damage to houses than the average pet.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think landlords need to be more open to pets. I also think australia needs to move towards more like Europe and the US in terms of rental properties and tenancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think in an appropriate property (like a family home with a yard) then sure. With a "pet bond" - conditions of having a pest treatment when you leave, or not inside the house etc.

We had to surrender a dog a few years ago because we couldn't keep her where we were and couldnt find a property we could have her in. It was a heartbreaking situation. But ultimately she needed a permanent home and we couldn't give her one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it does depend. SOME have very OTT pets rules such as no fish ( I get if the tank splits it can damage the property) I just think sometimes its OTT

ALSO I am sick of hearing people put down pet owners who try to get homes for pets but cannot and made to feel like rubbish for having to. The owner of our property was a beep lied to us and made us pay lots of extra money to have him thenm when the property was storm damaged refused to fix fence and we could not keep him after they fixed it we reapplied for a new pet(abused dog but loverly still) they said no they do not want pets. SOME Landlords are power tripping so and so's and that was very obvious when I met her and they way she treated me
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 10-08-2012 at 20:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol yeeaahhhh we did have a 4 foot aquarium side sprung a leak and pour and pour water onto the carpet.

BUT we cleaned the carpet. It took days of stomping the carpet with dry towels, drying towels and stomping more, but we got it clean & dry!!!

(No fish were injured either )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hell NO, its the land lords house if they dont want pets in there house it is up to them it is there house, yes its the tenants home but the land loards house

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (10-08-2012)