+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ormeau Internet? And playgroups?

So we are moving into Norfolk Village next weekend. On trying to get our adsl put on shocked to be told we might not be able to - could be 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years... till a port was available. Wow - didn't realise I was going bush lol. Anyway, does anyone use mobile broadband from Ormeau, if so what speeds do you get and who is it with? Thank you.
    Oh and any good playgroups around :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there I put some feelers out to see if anyone can help you will get back to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lady in my mums and Bubs group lives there she is using prepaid USB Internet until more ports are put in. She has both Optus and Telstra prepaid USB Optus have a USB plan for $29 a month check it out I'm sure you can find a deal online somewhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Karen, I couldn't believe it when they told me... no internet!
    Could you ask your friend if she gets a moment to do a speed test and tell me the results. Just curious as to whether we can Skype with it. I am looking at the Telstra mobile modem that I can connect my ipod, laptop etc too (they say 5 devices), but no point forking out $99 for the modem if it's poor quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries both ladies have said Telstra is the only service they are using I have posted what you asked in regards to speeds and Skype. One lady said will be 3 years before they get more ports that is such a joke. Sounds like you are moving to the sticks lol.
    Will get back to you on this one

Thanks
    Reviews
    One lady said she was with a company called spin the others who are with Telstra say they have good coverage and they use Skype and very rarely loose connections one lady is in Coomera and they are with Telstra too. I asked for a speed test but they didn't know what that was lol. I'd say Telstra is the go and apparently there is a $49 plan not sure what it offers though. Maybe talk to Telstra and see how you go .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool, thanks doesn't sound so bad then. I was going to try a Telstra prepay first and see how we find it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try the prepaid first at least if you are not happy then your not committed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just rung Telstra earlier - apparently the post paid gives almost double the speed of pre-paid. Something to do with the equipment they give you. Decisions...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    we live in the Jacobs ridge estate and have Westnet adsl. Not sure of the exact speeds but they have improved greatly since we moved here 15 months go. It's fast enough for everything I do, Skype, Facebook, ect and my hubby runs a it business from home. While its not as fast as he would like it's not a problem.
    Hope this helps,
    kelly