+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha, when I lived in Brisbane I worked at a tree farm! Poinciana's were very popular, as were Jacaranda's, they are not much more messy than a Poinciana tbh. Also Leopard trees were good sellers too cant remember the bot name... Lagerstroemia's are a nice tree, though they arent massive. Also Liquid Ambers are very pretty though they do loose their leaves. I'm probably not allowed to link the tree farm on here, but I remember when I was there they had a collection of random advanced trees that were ends of rows or returns.... It would cost you about $1000-$1500 for a 3-4 meter tree, thats freight too as they weigh lots.... its worth it though if you have the money for instant shade and less years nurturing a baby and waiting for it to grow. PM me if you want the details or any other info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    Ha, when I lived in Brisbane I worked at a tree farm! Poinciana's were very popular, as were Jacaranda's, they are not much more messy than a Poinciana tbh. Also Leopard trees were good sellers too cant remember the bot name... Lagerstroemia's are a nice tree, though they arent massive. Also Liquid Ambers are very pretty though they do loose their leaves. I'm probably not allowed to link the tree farm on here, but I remember when I was there they had a collection of random advanced trees that were ends of rows or returns.... It would cost you about $1000-$1500 for a 3-4 meter tree, thats freight too as they weigh lots.... its worth it though if you have the money for instant shade and less years nurturing a baby and waiting for it to grow. PM me if you want the details or any other info.

I would like a fairly advanced tree if we can get one, have PM'd you .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I was really keen on this tree that I saw in the park, which had kind of small glossy leaves, and was quite a big tree, but I showed the nursery guy a photo and he told me it was some sort of fig and would kill my pipes.
    I quite like the shape of a Poinciana. DH is keen on a natives.

Are poinciana's slow growing?
    Yep, sounds like a Fig. I have seen so many people leave their little Ficus topiaries to grow wild and end up with very, big trees! LOL!!

I think the Poinciana is slow growing, especially when you want it to be a big, shady tree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally, I think ponciennas grow very quickly compared to others!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy the Hippo View Post
    Personally, I think ponciennas grow very quickly compared to others!!!
    True