+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Free iphone app: baby shusher. All it does is make the 'shhhhhhhhhh' noise over and over again. As she is coming out of a catnap, I just put on the shusher and let it go. It hasn't failed me yet. I shush her (myself) in the night, and she just drifts back off although I do have to catch her quite quickly as she's coming out or I lose her. I'm developing cat-like reflexes whenever I hear the first signs of wakey snuffling, because mummy doesn't feel like playing at 5am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalgirl View Post
    Free iphone app: baby shusher. All it does is make the 'shhhhhhhhhh' noise over and over again. As she is coming out of a catnap, I just put on the shusher and let it go. It hasn't failed me yet. I shush her (myself) in the night, and she just drifts back off although I do have to catch her quite quickly as she's coming out or I lose her. I'm developing cat-like reflexes whenever I hear the first signs of wakey snuffling, because mummy doesn't feel like playing at 5am.
    Great idea, thanks!! I'll download this now and see how it goes....worth trying anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pinky McKay!! She made SO much sense to me about everything from sleeping to settling to feeding etc etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a catnapper, always 40 minutes. The past week she has been going longer on one of sleeps, guessing she's just growing out of it.

After reading this thread yesterday today when she woke after 30 minutes I just ignored her and let her chat in her cot. Took about 15 minutes but she fell back asleep!!

Thanks for the advice, I never thought once she was awake she would put herself back to sleep. Next time she woke I got her up, baby steps for me .

I love bub hub!! I love how theres so much advice and you can pick and choose what suits you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I have a catnapper, always 40 minutes. The past week she has been going longer on one of sleeps, guessing she's just growing out of it.

After reading this thread yesterday today when she woke after 30 minutes I just ignored her and let her chat in her cot. Took about 15 minutes but she fell back asleep!!

Thanks for the advice, I never thought once she was awake she would put herself back to sleep. Next time she woke I got her up, baby steps for me .

I love bub hub!! I love how theres so much advice and you can pick and choose what suits you.
    Me too! Today when he woke I left him be, then popped the dummy in when he called out 5mins later (which is when I normally would have got him up). He went back to sleep for an overall total of 2hrs 45mins - Whoo!! Only worked 1 out of 4 times, but better than nothing

Great to hear it worked for you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was a terrible day sleeper until she started crawling at around 9 months. I think crawling helped tire her out! Also dropping to 2 sleeps seemed to make her have a longer 2nd sleep.

I found it so difficult in the first 7 or so months, then it just started getting better. I also realized I was going in to her room the minute I heard a sound from her. Once I learned I could wait a few minutes and she'd fall back to sleep that helped!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (18-01-2012)