+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would consider it.

I'm having a skin cancer removed from next to my eyebrow by a plastic surgeon soon and I need to have a skin graft to cover it after. I am worried that it will look awful but I am thankful that the plastic surgeon is going to do it. I think it is cosmetic because of where it is. On my arm I'd just let anyone (Dr) cut it out.

I would consider other work if it really affected my confidence but I'm pretty happy with everything at the moment and I think my fear of surgery is greater than anything I want improved.

The only other cosmetic thing I'd do atm would be teeth whitening.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would love a breast reduction, I have huge boobs that give me neck and back pain.

Once I lose the 50kgs to get me down to my ultimate goal weight I would love a tummy tuck...I doubt I would be happy being my perfect weight with so much loose skin.

Not sure if I would ever get either done because I haven't had a single surgery in my life so the thought of it terrifies me! But as misskitty said..never say never!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I would consider it.

I'm having a skin cancer removed from next to my eyebrow by a plastic surgeon soon and I need to have a skin graft to cover it after. I am worried that it will look awful but I am thankful that the plastic surgeon is going to do it. I think it is cosmetic because of where it is. On my arm I'd just let anyone (Dr) cut it out.

I would consider other work if it really affected my confidence but I'm pretty happy with everything at the moment and I think my fear of surgery is greater than anything I want improved.

The only other cosmetic thing I'd do atm would be teeth whitening.

Sent from my telecommunications device.
    I had to have a cyst cut out of my face a few years ago and also had it done by a plastic surgeon because I was scared of scarring (especially on my face, elsewhere i couldn't have cared less). Luckily for us the face heals amazingly well. My surgery was almost 3 years ago and I have only the teeniest tiniest hairline scar. In fact the cyst was more noticeable than the scar I now have.... good luck and I'm sure your in great hands.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a couple of things I want done, mainly implants because I have tiny boobs and it makes me really self conscious as I'm curvy everywhere else, so I feel ripped off that my boobs aren't!

I am hoping to get one of my eyelids fixed soon. I have a slight droop, it's not noticeable to most but it really bums me out so I want it fixed.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't think I would ever get anything done.

I'm not against cosmetic surgery - I have some friends who have had their boobs and lips done which look amazing!!!!

I think it comes down to money and also fear for me - I don't think I could put myself under major surgery for cosmetic purposes - I would stress myself haha.

But if people want to do it and it makes them feel awesome and puts a spring in their step and a smile on their faces.... why the hell not???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had my nose, teeth and just had a lens implant done on my eyes.. (was not able to have laser.) I had always been picked on about my nose. and I hated being photographed. I felt very self conscious about it. glad I got it done, hurt like hell but I don't regret it. and teeth? well, I wanted my teeth to look nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    CS scar is permanent isn't it? An episitomy scar isn't.. well I assume isn't because I've had 2 and no scarring whatsoever.
    I've had 3 babies. My last was my first c-section (emergency). You would not even know there is a scar there. It's very neat.

I wasn't aware that scars requiring stitches become invisible, though.

I had 8 stitches in my leg when I was 12 and the scar is still there. I also has stitches 3 times in my chin as a kid and have 3 lines underneath my chin from the scars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I wasn't aware that scars requiring stitches become invisible, though.
    If that's directed at me, I didn't say completely invisible, but you have to look pretty darn hard to see the line. Though I've stitches on my foot and that scar is also very hard to spot, so maybe it's me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    If that's directed at me, I didn't say completely invisible, but you have to look pretty darn hard to see the line. Though I've stitches on my foot and that scar is also very hard to spot, so maybe it's me?
    No, not you. My c-section scar is the same, can't say the same for my other scars.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I had to have a cyst cut out of my face a few years ago and also had it done by a plastic surgeon because I was scared of scarring (especially on my face, elsewhere i couldn't have cared less). Luckily for us the face heals amazingly well. My surgery was almost 3 years ago and I have only the teeniest tiniest hairline scar. In fact the cyst was more noticeable than the scar I now have.... good luck and I'm sure your in great hands.
    I had a cyst cut out from my face also years ago, the surgeon cut with my laugh lines. I have no scarring either. I too was very worried about having a scar there.