+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had substantial laser treatments to remove my freckles on my face and arms. I've always wanted to get rid of them and while I still have a few more treatments that I need doing on my arms, my face is done. It's absolutely amazing. While the laser removes pigment you get the bonus of facial rejuvenation so I also got this really bright and dewy complexion with less lines. For the first time ever people started approaching me and commenting on my skin and asking what foundation I was wearing- I wasnt wearing any! The dewy effects lessen over time but your skin remains clear as long as you don't go back into the sun without sunblock. Every year I plan to get a series of booster sessions just to ward off some ageing. Once you do this laser you realize that not a single anti-pigment cream or anti ageing cream works. Other than that I'd not do anything else - I particularly hate the injectibles and Botox - I've never seen it done where it looks natural

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toryjoy View Post
    I've had substantial laser treatments to remove my freckles on my face and arms. I've always wanted to get rid of them and while I still have a few more treatments that I need doing on my arms, my face is done. It's absolutely amazing. While the laser removes pigment you get the bonus of facial rejuvenation so I also got this really bright and dewy complexion with less lines. For the first time ever people started approaching me and commenting on my skin and asking what foundation I was wearing- I wasnt wearing any! The dewy effects lessen over time but your skin remains clear as long as you don't go back into the sun without sunblock. Every year I plan to get a series of booster sessions just to ward off some ageing. Once you do this laser you realize that not a single anti-pigment cream or anti ageing cream works. Other than that I'd not do anything else - I particularly hate the injectibles and Botox - I've never seen it done where it looks natural
    Oooohhhhhhhhhh did this work well? I would love to remove the few freckles I have????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I can't stand when someone says they are anti CS. I had a CS over a vaginal birth, my belly is flat and just for the record not everyone's vaginal bits go back to normal after VB as I have a few friends needing further surgery to fix their bits.

To say everybody's bits go back to normal or everybody has CS over hang is a bit over the top. It's like saying the horoscopes are spot on because we are all split into categories!

Anyway sorry to jump in there's my bit have a nice day
    Agree with this - although I haven't had a c-section and had a vaginal birth, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it in the future. My abdominal muscles were totally screwed through pregnancy alone. I had a pretty traumatic vaginal birth and basically tore/was cut from there to you know where and it wasn't all natural birthing beauty for me. I think i may consider opting for c/a next time. It's a pretty personal decision and I wouldn't pay anyone out for going either way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BunInMyOven For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I am anti CS unnecessarily and can't fathom why someone would choose to have one if they didn't need to rather than let her body do what it's made to do. Your bits go back after a vaginal birth! I don't believe your tummy ever does after a CS and you certainly loose your abdominal strength, from what I've heard in discussion with friends whom have had CS and a thread on here some time back of posters showing their CS bellies made me believe that all the more. I was determined to avoid a CS at all costs unless it was an absolute emergency. I just wouldn't choose to be left with a scar over a vaginal birth.
    My abdominal strength is no less than it was pre-kids. I have a thin white line that is slightly more taut than the rest of my belly, but really my barely visible stretch marks are more noticeable and I would've had those either way.

Your vaginal births may not have caused permanent changes, but I know many others who will never be the same down there, even with multiple surgeries to fix it.

It's different for each individual and even each birth.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (23-03-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (24-03-2014),LoCo  (23-03-2014),TimeForWine  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would absolutely have CS if I could afford it. Why? Because I am lucky to make my own choices about my own body and after babies I would love a few things tweaked. As for a pp saying vachinas go back to shape, some do but my neighbour had a lahhhbia that was almost torn off and significant other damage. CS was a great choice for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are talking about cosmetic surgery. VB, CS, VBAC, elective either way your having a baby?! That's hardly the same as fillers and some Brazilian butt implants. Lol sorry just seems a bit off topic.. Talking tummy tucks and labiaplasty is on topic if you wanna go that direction.

Drama...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes it's pretty sad to read about so many body/self-confidence issues.

All the media have done a great job at making women feel like they should have that standard lean and fit body of a 20yo. :-(

Did Dove do that marketing campaign here with real women in underwear? I loved it...!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love a breast reduction and lift and maybe a tummy tuck after I'm finished having babies. For those who think it's a simple vanity, I don't think you can really understand someones shoes until you've walked in them.

Pre-baby, my b00bs were 10C, post baby, they're an incredibly saggy 12E and I feel terrible. They are heavy, ugly from scarring with so much growth, and simply not how I see myself. My stomach has a fair bit of saggy skin and more stretch marks than I've ever seen on anyone. I feel like my body has been ravaged. I don't think those who were lucky enough to bounce back post baby really understand how heartbreaking it is to live in a body you no longer recognise. It's not just vanity, it's being able to recognise myself when I look in the mirror.

I don't care if it's real or fake, if I as an individual am happy, that's all that matters. It's not for society - I wear a bra and loose tops and the world would never know - and it's not for my husband, it's for ME!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesssalee For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (24-03-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love a nose job. There is nothing wrong with it that requires medical correction, it is just a bad looking nose.

I just can't see me ever being in a place where I would have the money for it, I could get a loan or something but then I would feel guilty for taking that money away from my family. I am pretty sure my DH would not be supportive either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I would ever get cosmetic surgery, but I never say never!

I definitely have flaws but I find I can dress to my shape to hide the bits I don't really like.

I would love to get laser skin resurfacing though - a bad bout of teenage acne has left my entire face red and scarred and I feel incredibly self conscious without make up.