+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you consider or have you had cosmetic surgery? And why?

The discussion on sunrise this morning made me curious.

Would you consider or have you had cosmetic surgery and why?

Me personally, no I wouldn't consider it nor have I had it.
    Why? Because I've always been a confident person who's always been comfortable with my body. Even after having 2 children everything went back to how it was pre pregnancy with no stretchmarks, still have my nice boobs and lost the baby weight easily and back to a size 8. Besides, the risks associated with plastic surgery would worry me especially the latest re breast implants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing 'cosmetic' really. I would never say never though. If I for some reason put on heaps of weight and lost heaps I might want skin taken care of or something, so I suppose more a medical reasoned procedure rather than 'I just want a big pair of double d's !' for example! haha. I have always wanted to get labiaplasty though its not too bad but would make me much more comfortable in the sack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've considered it, but don't know if I would actually go through with it!

There are some things I really don't like, but I don't know if I hate them enough to go under the knife.

I often joke that I want a tummy tuck, nose job and work on my chin...but honestly couldn't say if I would go through with it.

I'd also love to have a breast reduction.. I don't know if I believe that its "cosmetic" rather than a health thing for me. I'm wearing a size 14E on my short 56kg frame. I've always got sore shoulders, halter necks hurt my neck so badly that I just cant wear them, my shoulders are rubbed red raw by some bras and despite all the "specialty store" professionally fitted bras that Ive bought, Im always being stabbed under the armpits with underwire because the cup size is way too big for the body frame and they never, ever sit right. Ive yet to find an E cup without underwire too, well not ones that aren't maternity bras! Also I'm sick of paying $70 plus for bug, ugly bras. Just once I'd like to be able to walk into a shop and buy one of the cute B/C cups for $10!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Maybe.

I would consider any surgery I have to be a bit more resconstructive than purely cosmetic though. I have lost and am still losing weight... depending on how small I get, I could have a lot of excess skin left behind, and so if I deem it a PITA to live with, I will consider having it removed.

I would also absolutely get a breast lift if I felt I needed it. My breasts have always been the "good part," of my body and to see them destroyed by weight loss would break my heart... so I'm not going to just suck it up and get on with it if that's the case. So far though, they're holding up pretty well so I'm hoping they will.

There are heaps of things I don't like (I'd love a cute, smaller nose), but I won't get surgery on these areas. Having hanging, sagging skin can be quite uncomfortable, and create rashes and skin problems (as my sagging tummy skin currently does)... so if it gets any worse, I'd probably consider it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would love a tummy tuck and boob lift after this baby is born. But not going to happen unless I win lotto

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madjedjjlill View Post
    Yes I would love a tummy tuck and boob lift after this baby is born. But not going to happen unless I win lotto
    Ditto, Would love a tummy tuck more then anything, no matter how much ab work I do, It doesn't feel like I will ever get my flat toned pre-baby tummy back! Would also love a breast lift, maybe even implants, would only go up a size, since losing weight I have lost 2 cupsizes, I am not unhappy with my looks, but If I had the money, I would get those 2 procedures done. But since I don't I will just have to cope with push ups bras and spanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, if I had the money I would get my boobs fixed up to pre baby, and same with my belly... Possibly my thighs too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely! If I ever could afford it, I would get a tummy tuck. Why? Because having my son absolutely ruined my stomach, and even when I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, I still had a lot of loose skin on my stomach, no matter what I did. It makes me feel very unconfident, would love to have a flat belly again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If my psychological wellbeing /health was adversly and greatly effected by my physical appearance or something to do with a physical trait(s) of mine, then certainly I would consider cosmetic surgery. I wouldn't consider it for pure aesthetic reasons if it didn't impact on my psychological well being and was merely because I 'wanted to'.

I haven't had any cosmetic surgery, but I do currently have braces on my teeth for both aesthetic and health reasons. (not that I consider braces 'cosmetic surgery').
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 15-01-2012 at 12:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, but same as SassyMummy, I would consider it reconstructive rather than cosmetic. I am going to get an abdominoplasty and breast lift after I have this baby and lose weight. I will probably have to wait till I get long service leave so I can get the time off and the kids are a bit older so perhaps in another 4 or so years.

Years of rapid weight gain and loss has left me with lots of excess skin and a massive tummy apron and I'm only 28 My boobs look like they belong on an 80 year old's body.

I am not really self conscious about it, I just want, for once in my life, to have a nice body! I don't hide myself from DF or anything like that.

Lots of my friends get botox, but I am lucky enough not to have many wrinkles. I wouldn't rule it out though.