+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Small amount of red spotting at 19 weeks

Hey all I'm just freaking out a bit - there was the smallest amount of red spotting when I wiped - it was a really small amount and was only there when I wiped twice and now no more, I'm really scared and worried, should I take myself to the hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to stress if it was a small amount, did u do a no 2 it could b from your bottom? If your worried you could always call one of those 24 hr pregnancy/baby lines?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it was just a no. 1, it was a very small amount, but very red, thanks I'll give them a call if any comes back

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had some bleeding at 19 wks too. It happened in the morning and it was hard to tell how much it actually was because it went into the toilet water - when I stood up I just saw red toilet water and that was a bit scary! I rang my ob and she said if you're concerned go to the hospital. Well of course I was concerned so I went - they kept me in all day just to make sure that it stopped which it did thank goodness, no more after the initial bleed in the toilet. My ob wasn't overly concerned but as my 20 wk scan was coming up the following week she did advise me to ask the technician to check that my placenta wasn't low down on the cervix which can cause bleeding and can be a bad thing as pregnancy progresses. If you have your 20 wk scan coming up you could ask that too.
    Anyways... I am now at 26 wks and all is going well so don't worry too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply - its just the scariest this to see, you check 100 times a day but never expect to see it, if there is anymore I'll go to the hospital, I have my 20 week scan on Monday so I might ask them to check where my placenta is......don't think there will be much sleep tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it is really scary. But it's not uncommon and I have spoken to so many women who had some light bleeding/spotting during their pregnancies and their bubs were all fine. It's so hard not to worry about every single little thing when you're pregnant isn't it? Especially bleeding as you just don't expect it while you're preggy. As long as it's stopped I reckon you'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks anna, hopefully I don't see anymore throughout this whole pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been having on off bleeding since 11 weeks but I am told everything is OK. They are checking the cervical length in a few weeks so I just have to wait for that