+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    I put avacado, sour cream, chopped up red onion and tomato and salt and paper
    Any particular paper better hehe sorry couldn't help myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Choc Mousse.

Avo, sweetner or powdered sugar (so not granules - they'll just make it crunchy and weird) and cocoa.

Seriously sounds weird, but I first saw it on Masterchef (the first season) and some vegan chick made it. They were skeptical but liked it... so I gave it a go. Is yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Double Post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    Avocado prawn toast sounds yummy. Care to share the recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    It probably sounds fancier than it is but is always a huge hit ;

- 1 French stick cut into slices, brush with garlic oil and bake in oven until brown and toasted
    - spread each slice with homemade guacamole that has been blended so it's nice and smooth
    - top with half a king prawn that has been lightly tossed in a smidge of olive oil and lime juice and finely chopped coriander

I usually get about 20-24 toasts out of 1 bread stick so you just need to buy 12 king prawns to halve, it's great to take to party's as you can prepare all 3 things at home and assemble them when you get there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Avocado choc mousse is the bomb! DP made it for me and tried to make me guess the 5 ingredients. I guessed cocoa, sugar, vanilla and dates but could not for the life of me guess avocado! I was floored when he told me! So delicious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Avocado salsa.... Chopped avocado, chopped mango, chopped red onion, lime or lemon juice and coriander. I put this on grilled salmon or crispy skin salmon. Yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg, I absolutely LOVE avocado at the moment! My favourite ways to eat it:

- mash tuna and avocado together with some spring onion mixed through, and put it on a sandwich with lettuce and cheese

- mash it and mix with fat-free greek yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon, makes a delicious salad dressing!

- avocado and cheese sandwich, yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Choc Mousse.

Avo, sweetner or powdered sugar (so not granules - they'll just make it crunchy and weird) and cocoa.

Seriously sounds weird, but I first saw it on Masterchef (the first season) and some vegan chick made it. They were skeptical but liked it... so I gave it a go. Is yum.
    Oh wow. I'm going to try this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vegetarian nachos! Red kidney beans (or five bean mix), refried beans (or mashed red kidney beans), tin of diced tomato, cumin and chilli (or a taco seasoning pack). Cooked those together until beans are soft. Heap on top of natural or organic corn chips, grate cheese on top and grill. Mash avocado and spoon on top! Yum! Even goes down well with DP and kids

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i love avacado - pretty much as everyone has mentioned

-vegemite toast w avo
    -on sandwiches, toasties, bacon and eggs etc etc
    -corn chips/salsa/etc
    -salads - added to almost any really
    -avacado and mango salad rocks!
    -avacado mixed with yoghurt/mayo for creamy dressing
    -avacado mixed with vingarette for a salad dressing
    -drinks/smoothies (like a lassi drink kinda using kifer)
    -agree with the mousse and also other desserts (i make a cream chesse frosting with avacado too)

I kinda use avacado whereever possible to replace butter (especially in desserts) - some of them work but some of them are GROSS! its a bit hit and miss.. haha