+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't know there was a limit on the amount of avocado you can eat! I could easily eat two a day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Don't think there's anything wrong with one a day... Aren't they the good kind of fat? I love them on crackers, maybe with a slice of tomato and salt and cracked pepper!!

Question back... I love avocado too but when you only eat half and keep the stone in the other half they still seem to go brown. Any ideas on what you do to save the avocado if you don't eat a whole one???
    I have an avocado saver! You put the unused half in it ( with stone) and it lasts about 2 -3 days in fridge ( I got mine from a kitchen shop in Bondi but search avocado saver on eBay and you will find it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    Yum! I love them, i try not to overdo it but i have been reading a bit lately about how the whole low-fat thing is being questioned anyway. The average person is eating less fat than we did 25 years ago but is still fatter than 25 years ago so what conclusion can you draw?

Tamtam i always eat the half without the stone first, and then when i start on the other half i scrape off the top layer. Its only the bit that gets exposed to air that goes brown.
    Probably because low in fat means high in sugar... Sugar is bad too...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Avo on corn crackers, nom nom nom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    For something different, make an avo mousse? Just cocoa and sweetner (or a powdered sugar) and whizz the avo in a food processor and pop in hte fridge - yummy choc mousse!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (14-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I have an avocado saver! You put the unused half in it ( with stone) and it lasts about 2 -3 days in fridge ( I got mine from a kitchen shop in Bondi but search avocado saver on eBay and you will find it)
    An avo saver? Brilliant. I will try to find one.

All this talk makes me want to have some right now. I make a dip with avo, sour cream, lime juice and a touch of chilli (so like guacamole ) and I want some now!!! With corn chips as PP said. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    For something different, make an avo mousse? Just cocoa and sweetner (or a powdered sugar) and whizz the avo in a food processor and pop in hte fridge - yummy choc mousse!
    Sounds..interesting, but Im willing to give it a go!! haha

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    A friend gave me some she'd made yesterday (avo 'mousse'), but it's more like pudding than mousse consistency (or at least hers was). It was a bit...odd...to be honest - I could taste the avo in it, but it was sweet...however, I think I could grow to like it

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You can Buy Avo Savers at woolies/safeway.
    There are also Onion, Tomato & lemon ones, all colour coded. I have the Tupperware type ones for Onion & I eat left over tomatoes so I don't know if they work the same as the fancy ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love them aswell I cant/will not have them at home so when im out lunch/dinner and if I can get them ill have them so delish