+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ange,
    Any word from the doc yet. 30 weeks is ok. It's not ideal but your little one sounds like a fighter. I had Carrington at 30weeks. We are here for you.

Hi Sarelou,
    I was studying when I fell with my daughter. Was planning to start another diploma into degree the year she was born but I just thought it was going to be too much. I was working FT teaching ballet PT and trying to study all in first trimester. Thankfully I was almost finished my Cert 3 so I did that and did not re-enrol. I wanted to focus on bub. Thankgod I did we went on a quick hol to NZ just after Easter 2010 Carrington came 10 weeks early and I eventually bought her home in June. You can only do what you can. I didn't want the assignment stress either with a new bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found and was accepted into the fb page yay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls- I went to figtree hospital this morning for my regular ctg scan. The midwife was so lovely, i told her I was still waiting for a phone call, do she calls my Ob and stressed my anxiety and he said he still hadn't heard anything and that is why I havnt heard anything. He told her to tell me to call again in an hour.
    After scan (which almost took an hour) she called his office again and the receptionist said same thing.. Except that they would call me when they heard anything.
    At 11.30am I get a call from maternal fetal medicine unit a royal women's hospital. They asked me if I knew about the appointment that had been made for YESTERDAY!!!! I was like "NO... I've been calling my Ob constantly, he said he had not heard from you at all"!!! She said,
    Well it must have been miscommunication coz we told him Monday night to send u in first thing thing Tuesday morning!! Anyway, she re scheduled me in for next Monday. She assured me all will be ok until then but if I had any concerns, to go to figtree. So on Monday they are doing thorough scans and will come up with a plan of action. At least by next Monday I will know a lot more.

Glad to see u on fb ekos. Also, where did u deliver your baby at 30 weeks? Why was she born so early? Have there been any problems since? Did u get steroid injections before she was born? (sorry, I am assuming u had a girl, please forgive me If you had a boy). Any advice u can give me??

Thanks for asking girls. I will keep u posted!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How frustrating! Have you had any experience with RHW yet? I was speaking with a dad of twins a little while ago and they had to be monitored/delivered at RHW as one of the twins only had two vessels in the cord i think it was. He said the care there was amazing, and when they transferred to wollongong all they wanted was to go back to randwick! I think you will be in good hands there. Thanks for updating and good luck, keep posting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ange,
    Husband and I thought we would have a baby moon at 30weeks. We had planned a big round the world thing but I chickened out and we decided just two weeks in new Zealand. I had what I thought was a cold. By day two of hold I was having temps and my husband put me in the car and took me to emergency at rotorua. Less than 48hrs later I was in labour and Carrington was born. Side effect of kidney infection is early onset/spontaneous labour. They got steroids in about 8am but she was born at 1pm so didn't really do much. There is a longer story but not sure if you want the whole NICU story BUT she is a normal happy 2yo now. With dual citizenship. Like the NICU wasn't enough we had to deal with the aus embassy to bring her home. As I said bit of a story from birth to flight back to abutting want to bore/scare anyone but all ok in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best advice I can give is take each day in the NICU as it comes. There will ups and downs but you will get there eventually. One of the nurses wanted me to keep a daily journey. At the time I thought it was a waste of my energy. Its now something I treasure and read every year on the same dates and just marvel at what we went through and how Carrington progressed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EKOS For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ekos- thanks for sharing. I plan to keep a journal and put photos in it too. How very traumatic for you. Lucky u didn't book a round the world holiday!! NZ is a beautiful place and Carrington is lucky to have dual citizenship.

Saralou- no I have not had any dealings personally with RWH.
    I have a friend who had twins at 29 weeks there and she also said they were awesome there. My bub also has a 2 vessel cord (yes just another complication) which adds to the growth problem that already exists. I'm glad to hear of the positive experiences ppl have at RWH, I hope bub is delivered there if I go before 32 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ange
    Good luck today. Thinking of you and let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks saralou- today went well. Dr seems to think i will get to 32 weeks if not more. He says baby is in 16th centile (which is odd as for the last 4 weeks it's been declining and then today goes up 10%???) and also my amniotic fluid levels are also up from 10.8 to 13.?.... So I can only put it down to one of two things. 1) God is keeping this baby going miraculously!! (I believe this one) or 2) someone is making errors...???
    I see my own Ob tmrw and I guess we take I from there...
    The dr I saw today did say that he has NEVER seen anyone with as low Papp-a as mine, get this far in a pregnancy.... So miracle right there!
    I also go back to RHW next Monday for another scan.
    Will update again then! Looks like I'll be delivering in Wollongong and would be even better if I get to 36 weeks coz then it's figtree!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is SO good I was surprised and sooo happy to read that!! Keep on hanging in there little bubba!